Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The script not Working in Google Chrome but in Internet Explorer worked

Salim Hammar January 25, 2022

Hi everyone

This script not working in Google chrome , this script he open the windows for create issue in project

script.png

script.pngwindows.png

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

There's a number of things here:

Why are you coding for Internet Explorer?  No one should be using it any more, and Jira does not support it.

Browsers work differently, your code may not be being triggered because the code in Jira is correct and Chrome is interpreting it correctly (and IE is not), or your code might not be valid, and hence Chrome is ignoring it or unable to execute it

Why are you using javascript at all?  It's hard to get right (as you've found, with your code not working on a supported browser), you usually have to implement it differently in many different places, and it's really hard to maintain.  You shouldn't be trying to use it to change to core behaviour (it should only be written in apps that provide their own pages wherethe scripts won't interfere with Jira's code)

i strongly recommend that you take a step back and look at doing whatever you are trying to do with a different method.

What problem are you trying to solve here?  What is the outcome for the end users?

Salim Hammar January 25, 2022

For explain , it's website , in this website have a button his name "Provide Feedback" and when i click in this button , he should be open the windows (pop-up) for create issue in the project .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Ah, so you're not trying to break Jira, that makes a lot more sense.

Did you get the code for this from a Jira project's "Issue collector"?

Salim Hammar February 2, 2022

Yes i get a code in the "issue collector" and i insert this code html in the body but it's not working in google chrome but in internet explorer he worked

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events