Stop changing the damn portal

David Cook March 4, 2019

We all know how to use it. It's friendly, it's powerful. But you keep removing features and now I spend very precious time fighting your system.

Let's put it this way - technology consultants (especially product managers) don't have a lot of time, and we have to consume/filter a ton of data every day. This paradigm/pattern won't change, so don't dumb down your product as if we're high schoolers. Let us be power users, and stop making me hunt the forums to find out where features went.

1 comment

Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi David,

I am not on the Jira team, but I will try to help.

Can you explain what you mean by features being removed?  I'd love to be able to help here.

David Cook March 4, 2019

The new/latest Issue Detail View:

• Most fields have been hidden
  • The "edit" button has been removed (so you can't go find those fields which were hidden)
  • The "Epic Link" field has been removed unless added up front by drag/dropping (which fails half of the time and requires a screen refresh)

Switching back to the old view gets me back up and running, but that's the point - why are we trying to simplify, simplify, simplify when the users actually need the power to configure things however their specific business need is?

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi David,

I'm glad that you're able to switch to the Old Issue View for now.

As I said I'm not on the Jira Team, but I know that the New Issue View is still a Work-In-Progress and is being progressively rolled out.

The challenge we have is that many users (particularly new users) can find Jira a bit overwhelming.  Being able to gently ease in new users while also giving the flexibility that power users need is not an easy nut to crack.

I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

You can also take a look at our public issue tracker where we track feature requests and bugs raised by Customers: https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20%22JIRA%20Cloud%20(including%20JIRA%20Core)%22

I hope that helps!

Marty
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2019

I had another read of your dot points...

Are you able to configure what is on the New Issue View by clocking the '...' button -

> Configure?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events