Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API with user pagination ineffective after Update! (Server/DC)

Dieter Guthmann July 28, 2022

Hello Jira-(Server/DC-)Users,

if you use

• Jira Server or Datacenter
    and
  • REST-Calls obtaining user lists as results

you should double check your application after Jira Core Update, if it still works as intended.

IMHO updates to Version

• 8.20.7 or higher
  • 9.0.0 or higher (from <=8.20.6)

does affect some REST api calls - and I couldn't find an entry in the REST API-Changelog (status 2022/07/27)!

According to my research at least the following endpoints are affected:

• /rest/api/2/user/assignable/search
  • /rest/api/2/user/assignable/multiProjectSearch
  • /rest/api/2/user/viewissue/search

In previous versions there was a Parameter startAt that allowed pagination, which has been dropped in the (minor) update!
In both, previous and current versions there is a Parameter maxResults, which limits the maximum result count in the reply - but in the new version it was hard limited to 100 (previous: 1000). IMHO you are only affected if you don't pass the parameter username some endpoints mentioned above have (in other words: if you expect list of users from the endpoint).

Problem: previously you could get up to 1000 users via this calls. After the update you silently only get 100 users at a maximum (higher values in maxResults are treated as '100') and startAt-Parameter is simply ignored now.

In the detailed changelog the 'Bugfix' which causes this problem does appear: JSWSERVER-21156

There also exists some feature requests regarding that problem: JRASERVER-71380, JRASERVER-73362

If Jira DC supports REST API V3, the problem may be also solved: Feature-Request JRASERVER-70688

1 comment

Zaid Us Samad February 15, 2023

@Dieter Guthmann  I am also facing the same issue . Did you find any solution for this?

Dieter Guthmann February 16, 2023

No, I haven't...

I can only encourage you to vote for all 3 Issues: JRASERVER-71380, JRASERVER-73362, JRASERVER-70688

Like Zaid Us Samad likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events