Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Parent task to Subtask and vice-versa

Hello folks, 

Need help with this-

Please have a look at my use case. I want to have parent tasks (which may be Tasks, Bugs, New Features or Improvements). The following are the features I am looking forward to - 

• When I create a subtask, the field values are by default pre-populated on my screen & I should be able to make edits as required.
  • Every assignee of a subtask,  is a default watcher of the parent.
  • Whenever I am updating any field in the parent, I should get an option to force the changes to the subtasks as well.
  • Whenever any info in subtask is updated, the same could be optional to update in the task as well. 

I tried implementing the post functions in create a transition to achieve some of these, but I was getting some errors on the sub-tasks screens. Will really appreciate your help on this!

Hope for a fervorous response. Thanks in advance!

1 comment

Hi @Shivani Thakur,

Yeah JIRA's build-in functionality doesn't allow you customize and control all this copying back and forth.

I'd recommend trying an add-on like Power Scripts. With just a few lines of code, you can create a lot of the functionality you want in those 4 bullet points.

Here are 2 related guides to get you started:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/TR/Default+values+of+%28system%29+fields+on+create+screen

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/TR/Copy+field+value+from+parent

You'll have to a bit of tweaking based on your own needs, but hope this helps!

Johnson

Thank a lot Johnson!

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events