Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okta SSO using OIDC

siddarath June 14, 2022

we are using Okta authentication for our application, now we need to use okta single sign-on (SSO) When we log in okta then we are showing the assigned apps. Now when we click on the apps then we need to redirect to the dashboard without authentication. can you help me with this issue?

2 comments

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hi @siddarath,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

If you are on Jira Server you will need to use a third party app from the Atlassian Marketplace so that Jira can handle the OIDC authentication.

There are a few options out there and your selection will depend on other factors. For example, do you also want to provision users automatically from Okta? Do you want the users to be created only when they try to access Jira?

All of these options are possible. Here are a few references for you:

For full disclosure, I work for resolution, a German Gold Marketplace Partner and manufacturer of the apps listed above. 

My colleagues would be happy to walk you through the implementation process so you can click on the Jira application from Okta and login seamlessly. Just book a screenshare session here.

Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hi Siddarath,

I am assuming you are looking to integrate Jira with OKTA for Single Sign-on so that when you click on the JIRA App on OKTA Dashboard, you should be logged in to the JIRA dashboard automatically.

I believe you have Jira's server version and in this case, you have to install the SSO plugin in JIRA and configure it with OKTA. It is a very basic setup in case you are just looking for seamless access.

There are multiple SSO plugins available on the Atlassian.

I work for miniOrange and we also have one of the best SSO plugins, you should take a look at this.  You will find the configuration document with the plugin itself but in case you need assurance with the setup. Feel free to reach out to miniOrange Support.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events