New Jira Cloud layout - missing components in comments

Caroline Grimstad April 25, 2019

With the new Jira Layout I am missing a lot of  the old functionality when it comes to commenting on a task. Earlier you could comment and restrict view of the comment to a group of people, ie only for developers, project manager etc. 

This option is now gone. Anyone knows how to get it back? It`s a big part of how we user Jira here. 

New view: 

Skjermbilde 2019-04-25 kl. 10.10.39.png

Old view with restriction options:

Skjermbilde 2019-04-25 kl. 10.10.12.png

1 comment

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

Hello @Caroline Grimstad ,

which version do you use.? In my Jira Software v7.13 i don't have this issue! 

Check: 2019-04-25 10_19_03-[VPM-1646] av - TEST.png

But i don't think its a Jira update issue. Maybe the administrator made some changes.

Check this too: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-restricted-comments-on-jira-962353957.html 

And also an existing question : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Unable-to-set-comment-visibility-in-the-new-Jira-issue-view/qaq-p/879751

-- Big Edit -- 

1. test1.png 2. test2.png

I have created a new default project in my instance. In the 2 pictures above u can see that there are no roles except the administrator. I logged in with a test user account and then i tried to comment the issue which was created by the administrator(me)... What i see is what you see. Please have a look to the roles of the project!

A feedback will be helpful :) 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, there has been som admin changes lately, but the super admin had the same issue as me. 

We use  the cloud version - so the newest version of Cloud :)

After the upgrade we get a message on top of each task to see the old view, and then the comment option is back, but it is a bit of hassle to do this every time. 

Skjermbilde 2019-04-25 kl. 10.36.19.png

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

@Caroline Grimstad you have not mentioned this before (about Cloud). Cause of this i can not provide you a solution, because i use the server version!

Please feel free to give a feedback when this issue is solved! 

Best regards

CM

Sorry about that - I will update if we find a solution. 

Thanks for spending time on this :)

edit: I see now I should have posted this in Jira Software and not Core. Will try again there :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events