We are a digital marketing / technology agency. We have been using JIRA on the tech side for years. However we now want to use it for the marketing team as well.
On the marketing side there are recurring tasks with clear workflows. So for example, we run many email campaigns. These campaigns would have the following steps
1) Writing, Editing ,Legal approval
4) Integration (with marketing automation)
For each campaign there will be a general release date, e.g. Jun 5, 2020. And based on that we will come up with a due-date for each step in the process. So we may have writing due 3 weeks before, creative 2 weeks before, development 1 week before.
Our requirements are the same as most marketing agencies I would imagine:
1) To be able to template these tasks so them when we have new campaigns we can easily at once create all the intermediate steps, we are thinking of using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219112/easy-templates-for-jira-issues?hosting=server&tab=overview to create templates
2) To update the steps based on where the task is, so when writing is done, the creative task should transition from 'created' to 'to-do'
3) To update the due date of sub-tasks based on other task. For example, if something gets stuck in legal review, and so due date moves from jun 5, 2020 to a week alter jun 12, 2020. We would want the dates of each of the other sub-tasks to move as well
4) To have visibility on how much work there is coming up and for which people. This is what stops us from using a single tasks with a long workflow, because in that case we wouldn't be able to say that designer X has this many tasks coming next week. We want to use a calendar plugin which would display this data so we can ensure our employees have enough work to do in any given day/week
I believe our needs are not super complicated but I'm not able to find a easy solution to this. We have spoken to Scriptrunner and the rep didn't give us a clear way forward.
I'm sure other companies using JIRA must have solved this problem however, so I'm looking forward to hearing how
Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events