You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We are a digital marketing / technology agency. We have been using JIRA on the tech side for years. However we now want to use it for the marketing team as well.
On the marketing side there are recurring tasks with clear workflows. So for example, we run many email campaigns. These campaigns would have the following steps
1) Writing, Editing ,Legal approval
4) Integration (with marketing automation)
For each campaign there will be a general release date, e.g. Jun 5, 2020. And based on that we will come up with a due-date for each step in the process. So we may have writing due 3 weeks before, creative 2 weeks before, development 1 week before.
Our requirements are the same as most marketing agencies I would imagine:
1) To be able to template these tasks so them when we have new campaigns we can easily at once create all the intermediate steps, we are thinking of using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219112/easy-templates-for-jira-issues?hosting=server&tab=overview to create templates
2) To update the steps based on where the task is, so when writing is done, the creative task should transition from 'created' to 'to-do'
3) To update the due date of sub-tasks based on other task. For example, if something gets stuck in legal review, and so due date moves from jun 5, 2020 to a week alter jun 12, 2020. We would want the dates of each of the other sub-tasks to move as well
4) To have visibility on how much work there is coming up and for which people. This is what stops us from using a single tasks with a long workflow, because in that case we wouldn't be able to say that designer X has this many tasks coming next week. We want to use a calendar plugin which would display this data so we can ensure our employees have enough work to do in any given day/week
I believe our needs are not super complicated but I'm not able to find a easy solution to this. We have spoken to Scriptrunner and the rep didn't give us a clear way forward.
I'm sure other companies using JIRA must have solved this problem however, so I'm looking forward to hearing how