Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to customize the color of the Status field depending on its value in JIRA Server?

Raj Vora April 19, 2022

Is it possible to customize the color of the Status field depending on its value in JIRA Server?

Use case: if an issue has a status that isn't typical in a workflow (ie. Status = Blocked or Status = Duplicate), it would be nice to highlight that status in eye-catching colors (like red or yellow) which allows the user to easily identify this ticket as atypical.

We've had issues In some cases where tickets are marked as a duplicates, but people continue to update the ticket with information about the issue leading to multiple streams of information.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Note without doing some coding.  Status colours (when they appear) are drawn from the status category (to do, in progress, done) and those have been chosen to make the category clear for all six types of colour-blindness.

But I don't think formatting is the right way to solve the problem you have:

>where tickets are marked as a duplicates, but people continue to update the ticket with information

It sounds like you are doing it the right way - closing the duplicates when you spot them (I imagine you have a resolution called "duplicate" too) by moving them into an end status in the workflow.  And maybe even linking to the issue they are duplicating?

If that is the case, then there is a better way - edit the workflow, go to the end status and add a few workflow properties to it - the ones I usually use for your case are  jira.issue.editable and jira.permission.comment.denied

Daisy Tirado August 11, 2023

Hi Nic,

I have a similar question. I would like to be able to customize the colors for the workflow statuses as well. 

Is there yet a way to do so?

I would like "Problem" to be red,

"In Progress" to be yellow, etc... 

Thank you,

Daisy T

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, the colours are always determined by the status category.  That's never going to change.

Daisy Tirado August 11, 2023

Hi. Thank you!

Ok thanks for the quick response.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events