Is Jira Core good for a organization that has ongoing service to customer? (NEED ANSWER)

Fede Serbin March 22, 2019

Hi

I work for a digital agency that our core service is to manage online campaigns for customers. We do proactive task and on-demand taks. Every team has an average of 30 customers.

Right now our teams use Trello and its awesome but it lacks on:
- Advance workflows and status
- Reporting / time tracking
- Better view/data of assigned tasks across multiple areas (boards in our case)

I am analysing Jira Core. Should we migrate from Trello to Jira Core?

Right now I am finding this barriers:
- Customers managment is hard to implement (custom fields to select customer on issue? addOn Atlas CRM?)
- On Boards, the DONE list will be so long after a month of work. (i could not find Filtering or other option on Jira Core Cloud)

I would love to heard opinions!!

3 comments

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2019

Hi Fede,

I'm on the Atlas CRM team. If you have any specific questions about it, feel free to ask me or to contact us via Service Desk: https://avisi-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10.

Cheers,
Maarten

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2019

Hi @Fede Serbin 

When it comes to the long Done column in boards, it should not be a problem. 

A board can show issues for a given JQL query so you can exclude resolved issues older than, e.g., a month. 

In Classic projects, you can also add quick filters available directly from a board to show/hide particular issues. 

Also:

• For Scrum, you close the Sprint and start a new one with an empty Done column every week/fortnight/month.
  • For Kanban, you can release a version directly from the board (and at the same time show only those issues that do not have "fix version" set).

Overall, there are many ways to keep your Done column short and meaningful. 

I cannot say if Jira will be better than Trello in your case (probably no one can) so you might give it a try. 

Jira offers a great selection of extensions (apps) that can help you customize it to your needs. 

Time tracking, for example, is covered by tens of apps. I can propose Clockwork Automated Timesheets that allows tracking time automatically when the issue is moved between statuses. Manual tracking is also possible. It provides very useful timesheet to overview and export reported time.
Clockwork saves data to Jira worklog, so built-in Jira reports work as well. 

I can also propose Issue Checklist Pro that works similarly as the checklist in Trello but with many more useful features (e.g., blocking issue resolving if the checklist is not completed). There is also a Free edition of the checklist available. 

Let us know how your evaluation goes and what convince (or stop) you to use Jira. Other Trello users might find it useful. 

Cheers,
Jack

Fede Serbin March 25, 2019

Hi @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ 

Thanks for your input but I don't think those options are applicable to my case scenario.

I will detail:

- In Jira Core (Cloud version) it is not posible to Filter in the Board view (other than "Assigne to me" and "Due to this week".

board.png

- This is for Jira Core, business projects in which we do not implement Scrum, neither Sprints or version releases, so that option is not available. 

In some thread it is said that after 14 days, issues are removed from Done list. Is it true? could not checked. 

HELP!

Any input is wellcome!!

Thanks!!

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2019

Ah, I'm sorry @Fede Serbin. I missed the "Core" part, and I assumed you are on Jira Software. 

I do not have experience with the Business type of projects so I cannot answer the "14 days" question, but I suppose there must be some mechanism to remove issues from the Done column. Otherwise, it would grow infinitely. 

Hopefully, someone more experienced or Atlassian staff can shed some light on it. 

Stephanie February 19, 2020

I am also interested in this topic. We use Jira for part of our business and I am evaluating options as we are outgrowing our current systems. We could license Jira software for everyone (although it may be overly complex for most of our team). Or possibly Jira Core can meet the needs for business users (including time tracking). We would add on for resource management and gantt charting. 

If you found a solution for your agency, I'd love to know what works for you. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events