Interup post-functions due to processing time and new transition

Chau Tran Nguyen February 6, 2020

Hi all,

My Jira usually have 10 post-functions, all set running one by one, by setting delay time. I usually set 2 second gap between post-functions. But I am facing bigger problems.

- sometime, JMWE just skip one postfunction in the middle. My assumption is the previous one take longer time to be completed (2 second), the JMWE just pick the next one.

- THe whole post-functions would take 20 second or more to finish. If user request another transition during the running time, then the waiting functions would not be run, and JMWE process new transition.

Do you have similar issues? How do you manage the sequence of post-functions?

Thanks all,

1 comment

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

First of all, are you certain you need each post function to run one after the other? Couldn’t some (or most) of them run in parallel?

Execution delay doesn’t impact which post function gets “picked up” - they all get executed at the same time, they just start by waiting the configured time before doing their work. 
Did you check in the logs that the post function is “skipped”?

Anyway, the next version of JMWE for Jira Cloud will support post function sequences natively, without the need for execution delays. It should be released next month. 

Chau Tran Nguyen February 24, 2020

I'm configuring the postfunction in particular order, because the field value are pulled from different link issues. For example, the unit price is pulled from Quotation issue, and then, it is used to calculate total price. So if the post function for unit price had not finished, then the total price will give the wrong calculation.

Maybe my post functions are too complicated, but I'm facing more and more such "skipping" issues. Good to hear about new version, and really look forward to test new sequences.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events