Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you manage Marketing Campaigns using Jira?

Leonel Fred Ador July 4, 2019

I'm new to Jira and I'm a bit confused about whether I'll consider my Campaigns as "Projects". That'll mean, I will create several different projects for my campaigns or how do Marketers use Jira in managing Marketing Campaigns?

2 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2019

There is a book on that topic written by @Bill Cushard - The Art of Agile Marketing.

I cannot give you any practical advise yet as my copy of this book is still in my 'to do' list (sorry Bill).

Bill Cushard July 11, 2019

Wow. Thanks for the mention @Kat Warner 

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

For my team, we have just one Project, called Marketing, and then several different issue types, such as "event", "content", "task", and then either manually link with Confluence page or have set up actions that happen on transitions. For example, when we have an issue that is an event, when it moves from To Do to In Progress, a Confluence page is automatically created using a template.

To get some ideas of how a marketing team uses Jira (albeit in this article it's more about how to combine it with Trello), check out this blog article: https://blog.valiantys.com/en/jira-en/trello-jira-integration/

This discussion might be helpful too: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Using-Atlassian-for-Marketing-amp-Communication-general-requests/m-p/787635#M1838

Like # people like this
Bill Cushard January 30, 2020

Wow! "..when it moves from To Do to In Progress, a Confluence page is automatically created using a template...." You can do that? Can each issue type create the page with a different template (a template to match the issue type)? 

Nice. 

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

@Bill CushardI should have revealed that our nifty configuration is possible because we use our own app Elements Copy & Sync internally, and the app includes the possibility to create linked Confluence pages as a post-function.

You can read a tutorial on how the feature works here: https://doc.elements-apps.com/elements-copy-and-sync/latest/tutorials/how-to-keep-your-teams-informed-by-publishing-jira-issues-in-confluence-pages

You can configure Elements Copy & Sync operations to use different templates based on the issue type, or in our case, depending on the choice of a custom field. We have just one "Event" issue type, with a required custom field to indicate whether it's a tradeshow or webinar, and depending on the value of this field, different templates are used.

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 30, 2020

@Poorvi Jhawar check out the links here and let me know if any of the configurations look useful for you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events