Deleting a part of the text, in a text field

A L February 8, 2021

Good afternoon! tell me what post function you can use to delete a part of the text in a text field

Снимок1.JPG

2 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @A L ,

How is the text getting into the field? It might be better to solve that first so it doesn't continue to happen, instead of always cleaning up after it. 

Why not just use a Date field instead of a Text field? 

Like A L likes this
A L February 8, 2021

The field with the date should be in the task details in the center, and so all the dates are on the right side which is inconvenient for the user
so I made a copy of the date in the text field with the removal of the time in it

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Actually, you can now move the Date field into the center section with the New Jira Issue view. 

Go to Project Settings > Issue Layout

Then choose the screen you want to edit based on the issue type

Then drag the field from the Context fields section (this is where fields show on the right hand side) to the Description Fields at the top (this where the fields show in the center section).

Then you shouldn't have to copy over the values.  :-)

A L February 8, 2021

Jira Core Server 8.15.0 ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

Sorry, I missed that you were on Server and not Cloud. 

A L February 8, 2021

Снимок1.JPGgood

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events