Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned to me Gadget filter group assignee tickets

gadireddy_parameswari October 26, 2022

The customer has reported that some users are seeing tickets assigned to a user group in the Assigned to me gadget and some users are not.

1 comment

Sajid Ali August 26, 2023

Hey folks,

Ahmad here. I've come across this situation a couple of times before. It's quite perplexing when "Assigned to me" behaves differently for different users. Here's my take on this:

Understanding the Problem:
Typically, the "Assigned to me" gadget in Jira should only display tickets assigned to the individual user, not to a group. If some users are seeing tickets assigned to a user group, there might be a custom filter or configuration at play.

Potential Solutions:

Custom Filters:

First thing, check if there are any custom filters applied to the "Assigned to me" gadget. It's possible that a custom JQL filter might have been set up to include group assignments.
Permission Schemes:

There might be differences in the project permissions of users. Maybe some users have visibility to more tickets due to broader permissions. Head to 'Project Settings' > 'Permissions' and ensure that permissions related to viewing and managing issues are consistently set.
Groups and Roles:

Check if the affected users belong to multiple groups or roles that might have overlapping permissions. This might inadvertently expose them to tickets that aren't directly assigned to them.
Gadget Configuration:

There could be a misconfiguration in the gadget itself. Try removing and re-adding the "Assigned to me" gadget to the dashboard and see if the issue persists.
Data Integrity:

Occasionally, Jira might experience some data integrity issues. It's a good idea to do a background re-index (found under 'System' > 'Advanced' > 'Indexing') to ensure data is being fetched correctly.
External Plugins:

If you're using any third-party plugins, they might be influencing the ticket visibility. Consider disabling them temporarily to check if they're causing this anomaly.
Browser Cache:

As trivial as it might sound, sometimes clearing the browser cache or trying a different browser can resolve such discrepancies. Cached data can sometimes render outdated or incorrect information.
If after trying the above, the issue still persists, it might be time to get in touch with Atlassian support or consult the Atlassian community forums. They're often helpful in diagnosing these sorts of peculiarities.

Hope this helps in narrowing down the problem. Do keep us updated. Cheers!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events