Any easy way to manage a large amount of filters

Raj Vora November 8, 2019

Is it possible to organize filters into categories which are collapsible/un-collapsible (kind of like how email folders are set up in gmail)?  I understand you can make a filter a favorite, but if you have too many favorites, it makes your view pane an eye sore.  Something like this is what I am thinking would be useful:

Favorite Filters

Filter 1

Filter 2

Topic 1 <collapsible/un-collapsible button>

-  Topic 1: Filter 1

-  Topic 1: Filter 2

-  Topic 1: Filter 3

Filter 3

1 comment

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2019

Unfortunately that's a no.

Based on your needs I would consider having a dashboard per topic and some filter result gadget to see them all there.

Another option is to use the favorite filters gadgets and try to replicate the order based on the filter name that you set. I would expect that the view might be a bit better than the filters view.

Last option and maybe the best one, use EazyBI to build those reports, it allows you to drill down on your reports and play with the report which might lead to the same result than having multiple filters as you currently have.

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Hi,

we believe that the eazyBI app could replace some issue filtering for Jira. Especially in the cases when your JQL filters are intended for a different kind of reporting needs. 

You are welcome to try out the app. Please, also find the presentation on how the JQL filters can be translated into identical eazyBI reports: https://community.eazybi.com/t/eazybi-community-days-day-2-training-presentations/605.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events