FYI to our Firefox Users

Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2023

Hey Command Palette Beta Group!

Just a bit of an FYI for our Firefox users. The default setting for cmd + k / ctrl + k is to focus the search bar. We've overridden this, however a bug has popped up that means we need to disable this override for a few days.

We're sorry if this causes you any inconvenience - the override will be back up and running by early next week. 

Cheers,

Emily 

Jira - Product Manager

3 comments

Comment

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

Cheers for the update! Was just trying to open the command palette yesterday on Firefox via CTRL + K and I was surprised that it's not working 👀

Jeff Olmstead May 3, 2023

@Emily Ditchfield I utilize Brave browser (based on Chromium so for all purposes it is Chrome) where Ctrl+K also focuses the search bar the same way it does in Firefox. Currently, pressing Ctrl+K does launch the JIRA "Command Palette" but it also activates the web browser search. Is there a way to have it solely launch the "Command Palette" and block the native browser functionality (i.e. preventDefault() action in JavaScript lingo)? Perhaps the above FYI will also resolve this issue. Super excited for this functionality.

Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2023

I've never used Brave browser but I love a good Chromium based browser. We've rolled out the fix now, but let me know if its still not working!

Jeff Olmstead May 8, 2023

@Emily Ditchfield that took care of it, thank you and send my thanks to the team, much appreciated!

Like # people like this
Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2023

Thanks everyone for your patience - the fix has been rolled out so this should now be working. If it's not let me know!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events