Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ“’ Exciting Update: Issue Actions Now Available in Jira Command Palette! πŸŽ‰

Hello Command Palette Community,

We're thrilled to announce that we've shipped a highly anticipated feature for the Jira Command Palette: the ability to perform various issue actions directly from the command palette! This update is designed to streamline your workflow, making it easier and faster to manage your issues without navigating away from the command palette.

Here's a rundown of the new actions you can perform when an issue is open:

Edit issue fields:

• Sprint

• Labels

• Due date

• Fix versions

• Priority

• Story point estimate

• Components

Additional actions:

• Link issues

• Change parent

• Create child

• Delete issue

• Move issue

These enhancements are aimed at providing a more seamless and efficient experience, allowing you to manage your issues with greater flexibility.

We can't wait for you to try out these new capabilities. Your feedback is invaluable to us, so please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below or through the command palette feedback form in the product. Let's continue to make Jira better together!

Happy JIRA-ing!

5 comments

Comment

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2024

Thanks @Yousef Abusamak - this is great. The Ctrl K keyboard shortcut is for the command palette... However, will this merge with the . shortcut which I understand is the Actions menu.

Personally, I would much prefer the . shortcut as a single shortcut for these items.

But this is great anyways. Thanks again

Like β€’ Amanda Barber likes this
Yousef Abusamak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2024

Hi @Yatish Madhav Thank you so much! Yes, the plan is to replace the . mneu with the Ctrl K shortcut.

Can you please share more feedback on why you like the . menu over the Ctrl K? 

Like β€’ Yatish Madhav likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2024

Thanks @Yousef Abusamak I think as a developer, purely just because of the 1 key shortcut instead of 2 :)

Like β€’ Yousef Abusamak likes this
Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2024

Thanks @Yousef Abusamak

One of the key things I'm missing right now is context. The Command Palette only works when an issue is already open. 

However, it's actually most useful when trying to process a number of issues sequentially on the backlog, the board or in a list. If an issue is just "selected" in those contexts, the Command Palette doesn't take that into account, which it does in any other tool I use. 

Yousef Abusamak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2024

Thanks @Jens Schumacher - Released_so. I totally agree with you! Out-of-issue context actions are critical for the value proposition of the command palette and are something that is on our roadmap. We will keep this community posted with more updates as we make progress.

Like β€’ Jens Schumacher - Released_so likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events