Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story point not be exported

Vanessa Becker July 19, 2021

Hi Admins

When i do an advanced search and export both all and current field it does not export my story point field. Why not?

Thanks

6 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Lewis Cook July 19, 2021

Hi Vanessa,

I've never come across this especially when doing an "all fields" export. At first I thought that perhaps you were missing them in what is likely to be a long list of "Custom Field (FIELDNAME)" columns in excel.

Having done an export myself this morning it appears I've got the same issue however of not seeing Story Points.

A very brief google seems to suggest there are some historic issues in this area (some I have found were Server/Data Center related) however none seem particularly recent or open.

Not sure if this is a reoccurrence of those or something new, it does appear that there are a few periphery issues (such as Story points dropping off of unsaved filters).

I've not gone much further down the road than that as no one in our organisation is currently regularly exporting Jira issues to excel.

Unless you get a better answer here I'd suggest raising a support query.

Thanks

Lewis

**Update** - I've just tried an export from a saved filter and both "all fields" and "current fields" do have the custom field story points on them.

Perhaps try saving the filter if you haven't already?

0 votes
Akshay Gavai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

@Vanessa Becker You need to deselect and reselect the Story Points column in the Configure Columns button/dropdown (top right of page) when viewing issues. Once you do that, it will appear in the Export (my defaults) that you download. This is a bug and I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet. I had the same exact problem just now and came across your post but couldn't find a satisfactory answer. So, I tried playing around a bit and found this to be the solution.

0 votes
Claudio Gonzalez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Hi Vanessa.

First create a jql and after find you "Story Points" fieldScreen Shot 2021-07-29 at 01.03.06.png

To CSV Export, selected "Export Excel CSV (current fields)

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 01.07.42.png

The other options, is select "Open in Microsoft Excel"

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 01.09.22.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 01.10.45.png

I hope that was useful

0 votes
Raul Cesar de Leon July 20, 2021

1. Am I correct to assume that "Story Points" is a custom field?

If yes, then the field header in the exported spreadsheet is likely going to be

Custom field (Story Points)

2. When you conduct your Jira search (adv. jql/basic search; shouldn't matter), did you ensure the column you're looking for is "active"?

Untitled.png

A "messy approach" is to export all columns/fields when attempting to export the data in a spreadsheet. But otherwise, "activating" the column in the search filter should suffice. 

0 votes
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 19, 2021

Its called "Custom field (Story Points)" in the extract. Can you find that field?

0 votes
Rowan McLachlan July 19, 2021

Hi,

I am not sure why it wouldn't show for you, sorry. 

But, I did a quick try and did both the "current field" and "all fields" CSV export and the story points field did appear, but was named "Custom field (Story Points)"

So maybe you missed it because of the name of the column heading?

Vanessa Becker July 19, 2021

Hi there

No I checked again and it does not reflect on the excel extract.

delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

I did the same as @Rowan McLachlan  and they show up for me the same, as "Custom field (Story Points)".

Like Raul Cesar de Leon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events