Jira Service Management/Jira Product Board linkage

Krystal Thompson May 25, 2021

We have service desk tickets that get linked to product boards for development work. Is there a way for reporting to not receive duplicates when pulling information. For instance, when I pull all open tickets from the previous weeks I get the project issue and desk issue. I want to get everything at once. I know I can write a query. Just wanting to know best practices when linking product and desk tickets

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

When you duplicates, can you explain more and what you mean by 'getting everything at once'.  For Service Desk issues, I create a filter to pull only Service Requests and display the link in my results to see the Jira Product Board linkage.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Lärkfeldt May 25, 2021

You are on the right path - you should most likely write a JQL that excludes issues with issue link being Duplicates.

And yes I would also use issue linking between JSM and JS projects.

Depending on how the issue linked issues are connected you might want to use or add other issue link types :P

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi Krystal - can you describe the exact process that is happening now (including the issue creates) and what you are then hoping to see? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events