Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you created training materials?

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 4, 2021

Hi admins! 

Every company onboards new users differently. Often Jira Cloud Admins are tasked with creating training to scale that onboarding process to many employees. 

Have you created or taken training for Jira Cloud? Share your experience! What went well and what didn't? 

Bonus points for sharing screenshots of some training materials! 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sarah Elmer May 19, 2021

With the fast pace that Atlassian is doing tweeks and updates, keeping a repository of training material would be impossible to manage. I'm at the point where if a user has a question, I give them the answer because last week's answer would be mute. It also does not help that Atlassian has you jumping through hoops to find answers, if there are any, to questions. This has always been a complaint of mine. Atlassian does not do documentation well at all. Take Confluence for instance. What I used to be able to do, I no longer can and neither can my users. They want answers that I do not have and there's no documentation to be found to get the answers. I understand "progress" but progress is taking a substance and making it better, not unable to be used successfully.

0 votes
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 7, 2021

I think this is a great topic, but also understand why there have been no answers to this. I have just finished developing training materials on another topic and it was seriously hard work.

Training materials are really useful and important, but its expensive to develop quality materials - expensive in time, more than anything.

The more I do training type activities, the less support there is for doing it and making sure it is done properly, the more I like mentoring as an approach. More like informal apprenticeship style working relationships.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events