Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing of drop down fields on ServiceDesk Management CUSTOMER PORTAL

Vanessa Becker June 28, 2021

Hi Admins!

I am stuck. Where do i change the drop down fields on my customer porta?

I cannot seem to find it on my custom fields of fields configuration.

Note attached example.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

For one implementation, we hide the priority field in the JSM Field Configuration and utilized the "Urgency" field instead.  The client had so many different priority options for other teams were using JIRA Software and this confused the Agents.  By using another field, the team was able to utilize the "Urgency" to determine the prioritization.  In addition, as Dirk mentioned, it may be better to create a new custom field.

0 votes
Vanessa Becker June 28, 2021

Customer portal field edits.jpg

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Hi Vanesa!

The priority field is a system field and it's values are populated in System > Issues > Issue Attributes > Priorities.

Custom fields you would like to expose on your portal are managed in the custom fields section.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker ,

The field you are pointing at is the Priority field. That's a special one.

You won't just find it in the custom fields (as is is a system field) and priorities you'll have to change globally.

As this is something that will impact all projects (cloud doesn't have priority schemes (yet)) be carefull!

it might be better to create a new select custom field and use some automation to map the custom field to your priority field.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events