Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Managed Report Exporting

Vanessa Becker July 15, 2021

Hi Admins!

How do I export my Sprint Reports in Jira? 

I have the Company Managed project set up.

I don't have an option to export.

Thank you

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 19, 2021

@Vanessa Becker 

Another option you can try for creating instantly presentable Sprint reports for management is Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud!

You can export from the Issue Navigator or right from the active sprint screen and use the built-in report templates to create reports like this or customize your own:

jira-agile-report-epic-pivot-chart.png

Browse more sample exports to see what can be achieved with Better Excel Exporter!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Andreas Springer _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker, if you are looking for a complete reporting solution for Jira, which enables you to practically create any report you can imagine, you might want to look at our app "Report Builder".

Try it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216997/report-builder

or learn more on our website:

https://www.actonic.de/en/products/report-builder-timesheets-and-data-analysis/

We can also set up a free demo for you here: https://calendly.com/pisklenov/bookademo

I hope that helps. Thanks! :)

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker

You could do this in a very simple way.

Navigate to Jira Advanced issue search

Select the required Sprint name or Sprint ID and a list of all issues with respect to the sprint you have selected.

Example: Sprint = "Test Sprint 1" 

You will probably need to adjust the columns, on what information you want to see from every issue found

Now click on the export icon on right top of the search results screen and select the Export to Excel (CSV) with the current field option of you adjusted the columns in your view, otherwise choose the al fields option.

Now all the issues in the sprint will be download in Excel format.

Unfortunately this method lack some information like issues added/removed after the start of the sprint, adjustments in estimation, etc...

It's a simple option to just show all issue done per sprint.

Cheers,

Marc

0 votes
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

For 'export', are you referring to 'printing' the Sprint Report OR exporting the data?

1) Printing use Ctrl-P from your browser

2) Exporting

• You can't export the full report BUT you can go to each section (Completed Issues, Issues Not Completed) and click on View in Issue Navigator to export the data into cvs, xls, etc.)
  • It will not export the Sprint Burndown chart

May I ask what is the use case for exporting the Sprint Report?

Thanks, Kathi

Vanessa Becker July 15, 2021

Thank you

I need to do some management reporting on our last sprint.

So the best way I assume would be to Ctrl-P the charts?

What would be the best report to use as the project only has 1 sprint.

Thank you

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

It depends on what the goal or objective you want to communicate to management.  

I normally do NOT report to management the team velocity for this is a team level metric.  

For my management reporting, they are mainly concerned with the status of a functionality (Epic) so I only report on Epic status...  #0f stories open, # resolved, % completed, etc.

At the sprint level, I may indicate the # of stories committed, # actual completed, # incomplete and tell the story on why the team did not meet their committed goals... (ie people on vacation, new team and have not defined their baseline, call out any blockers or areas for improvement, etc.). It really depends on the goal and were you are at in your agile maturity level.   

For the teams I am working with, we focus on OKRs and report on the Objective and Key Results (value) vs just the #'s for it starts to shift the mindset to 'feature factory'.  The Sprint Report is used in our Team Retrospectives to identify ares of improvement and to promote discussion around how the sprint went.  We don't share this with management.  They can view it they link but it is not a report out to management.

Like # people like this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Totally agree with @Kathi Paquet 

If management can't come to the work or even bother to find the data in Jira (not hard), then DO NOT give it to them the sprint report on a platter.

Especially if the team do not look at it (at their retros etc..)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events