Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hello Admins!

Hope you are all doing well.

I am battling with board settings on one of our sites.

Please note that both sites are on a standard plan and I am an administrator on both of the site.

One sit 1 everything is working perfect and i am able to update swimlanes, board setting etc.

On site 2 I have an option to configure boards but there is no swimlanes to change.

Please could you guide me why there is a difference and how do i update the site without the board settings to be able to update swimlanes?

Please refer to my screen shot attached.

Thank you!

4 answers

4 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @VA

I presume you are on Jira Cloud.

If the project type of your project on site 2 is a Team-managed software project, you can't set swim-lanes.

Swim-lanes are only available on boards in Company-managed software projects

Cheers,

Marc

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Marc Koppelaar is correct. I would also recommend spending some time on the differences between company-managed and team-managed projects. Company-managed projects are much flexible to meet complex requirements, while team-managed projects get a team going quickly, but are much less flexible.

I say this because there will be times when teams need a new project and understanding the differences will help you make the correct recommendation. As it can be brutal if you select the wrong project type and have to migrate to the other. :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Jul 07, 2021

Hi Vanessa,

The only out of the box swimlanes functionality for Team-managed project boards is the Group by function. And it only applies to a few fields (Assignee, Epic, etc. )

The only other option that I am aware of is to create a new board that uses a board filter based on the Team-managed project. But you can't put the project in the Location field - you will have to use the value of Personal Profile or select another project in the list. Whatever value you put in the field will not affect the cards that show on the board. 

Then you can add swimlanes like you do with Company-managed projects for that new board. 

0 votes
Answer accepted

Board settings correcy.png

See my earlier reply,

This is a Team-managed software project.

You can't have swim-lanes on a board in this type of project.

Like # people like this

Thank you everyone.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you