Jira_Insight issue

Vanessa Becker September 20, 2021

Hi guys!

Anyone that has done a Insight server to cloud migration before?

I am having an issue whereby i cannot see the import object schema tab on the cloud to import my files on the cloud.

See attached file.

Has anyone had this before?

Insight tab.jpg

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker

This option, unfortunate, doesn't exist in Cloud.

you will have to create your object scheme or schemes from scratch, I know it's a shame and loads of work.

Cheers,

Marc

Hi Marc

It does exist. If the objects are linked to Jira issues you cannot migrate it.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/migrate-insight-cloud-to-insight-in-jira-service-management/

Kind regards

Vanessa

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker

In the shared link you mentioned there is one very important statement:

All customers who have a license for the legacy Insight app as well as Jira Service Management Cloud Premium or Enterprise Plan should be able to use the Import object schema feature.

So to use or to see the import function for Insight on Jira Cloud a legacy Insight license is mandatory. If you don't have this the import function is not available.

Regards,

Marc

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@Vanessa Becker ,

Also keep in mind that the article you ar quoting is to migrate from Insight Cloud to Insight within JSM.

So not from Insight Server to Insight Cloud.

I would reach out to Atlassian to see if they have a path available as part of the Journey to cloud where you can do a direct migration/import from Insight Server to Insight for JSM (not the app but the builtin Insight)

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
0 votes
Paweł Jakimiak September 20, 2021

Is it a sandbox?

Hi Pawel

Not sure what you mean?

Paweł Jakimiak September 20, 2021

I meant whether you're tried to import data to standard Jira Cloud instance or into the sandbox of this instance (https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/).

I suspect that you tried to import data to sandbox and it can be a reason why option which you looking for is not available.

If it's not sandbox, you should contact with Atlassian support. I had the same problem on standard Jira Cloud instance and the support helped me.

Despite everything, I'm worried that migration from Insight Server to Insight for JSM in Cloud is not possible with this option. You should recreate manually whole structure of your Insight Serve on Cloud and after that you should use option "Import" which you can find in "Configuration" menu of your schema (Insight -> View all object schemas -> Action next to the schema -> Configure -> Import.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events