Out of curiosity, how much does a Jira administrator earn in 2022?

pierre.nivischiuk September 30, 2022

Hello Jira admin Community, I would really like to have your feedback on this question because I don't feel that employers have a clear vision regarding this type of specialization. thank you in advance for your answers

For my part, I earn 100K CAD (canadian dollars) per year so it's underpaid? normal ? too much paid ?

So the question how much do you earn per year as a Jira administrator?

6 comments

Comment

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

What you get paid depends on lots of factors, Your experience, Previous Package, Skill you are selling and so on in your profile... Admin get less package as compared to Developer always, Having both will be best.. obviously there is no limit of earing being in IT, but yes 100K is really good amount even if you are approx. 10 yrs of experience.

Like # people like this
Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

The answer: it depends :-)

Work experience, age, the industry you are working in, region/state/country you are in, ...

100k sounds great, but if your income taxes, contributions for health insurance and so on are higher/lower compared to other countries/regions, that makes it hard to compare.

Maybe you get some other Canadians here to react to your post? I'm from Europe, so I guess I am not really representative.

Like # people like this
Sue Wilson September 30, 2022

While I have found JIRA Admin is a skill set not greatly understood by some employers, I agree with the previous responses in that there are too many factors to provide an exact answer.  I am in the USA and my compensation is similar to yours.  Once I factor in holidays, PTO, benefits, and other perks, I feel I am compensated fairly for my role as JIRA Admin, especially since it used to be a 'side role' for me in other organizations that did not consider it a factor when adjusting my salary.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

I'm regularly being asked to take up UK contract roles average about £600 a day for an Atlassian Admin, which would be around £90k if it were a salaried role. 

Bear in mind that all the numbers you are getting here are localised and you can't just translate them into your region by looking at the exchange rate.  You can't even do it in the UK - the contracts I'm being asked to look at range from £450 a day when they're based in Yorkshire or Lancashire, up to £700 a day for London, Bristol or Edinburgh.

Like # people like this
Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2022

It totally depends on your experience, skillset you possess and more importantly, the company. I have seen a lot of variance in the pay rate, Companies are ready to offer even more than 170 k in the USA for the right candidate based of the location that you are in.

Like pierre.nivischiuk likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Bhanu @swilson @Werner 

These salaries are for Jira Admin for on-prem, or on Cloud? I mean an on-prem Jira Admin, besides the basic Jira Admin knowledge, I suppose he/she should know about linux and how to install Jira, SQL/Postgres dbs, perhaps a bit of Java etc. Right? Can you please clarify on that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2022

Server and DC installs are what people are looking for admins for here in the UK, so yes, people who would be working on the back-end as well as front-end.

When the odd Cloud one comes up, it tends to be a lower rate.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2022

Thanks for clarifying this!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events