Do you know if there's any plan to support the WYSIWYG editor in description on transition screens?

Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

Just a quick question about recent changes to Jira Cloud. Recently there was a rollout of the new create issue experience, in which the description field supports the WYSIWYG editor. I was wondering if there's any plan to deliver it for transition screens and if it's coming in the future?

3 comments

Comment

Alex Adland June 23, 2022

In the field config for your project you can specify the render type of para fields to = [Wiki Style Renderer] and that will give you the full WYSIWYG editor on those fields

Like Amir Katz (Outseer) likes this
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Alex AdlandThank you for your insight!

After giving it a try, I can see that with the Wiki Style Renderer the formatting is available, although it still doesn't display the formatted text directly in the field. The formatting is visible only after I submit the transition:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 13.00.28.png

Instead, I was hoping to display the new description field on this screen, similarly to the new create issue experience that supports the WYSIWYG editor:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 13.02.26.png

Alex Adland June 23, 2022

Interesting cause all my large text fields with wiki rendering display the WYSIWYG formatting

Screen Shot 024.PNG

Like Amir pointed out it's only for large text fields and you have to set the render type on each field you want to use wiki rendering

Marketplace Partner
June 24, 2022

Thanks, @Alex Adland

Although in your case, I can see that the WYSIWYG renderer is available on the Create screen, which uses the new create issue experience. While on other screens, assigned to workflow transitions, the formatting options different.

Thank you for your inputs anyway, much appreciated!

Alex Adland June 24, 2022

@Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_  yep I did some tests today, and and found the same as you, the transition screens are ingnoring the field config and displaying in the old issue view so I voted for and watched https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78919  as @David Pezet has suggested, hopefully Atlassian will fix the issue soon.

Like # people like this
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

To add on @Alex Adland's  reply - There is no 'transition screen' per se. On each transition, you specify which screen to display. The same screen can be used in create.

Each screen has fields, and fields of type large text are rendered as defined in the project's field configuration that applies to the current project and the issue type.

HTH

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

That's correct!

@Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_ Could you please check if you have set the render type in your project's field config screen correctly?

Marketplace Partner
June 24, 2022

Thank you all for your comments!

I can confirm that the renderer is set correctly, although it still doesn't provide the formatting we can see on the new create issue screen experience.

As pointed out by @David Pezet this requirement will be only solved with JRACLOUD-78919 :) 

Like David Pezet likes this
David Pezet June 23, 2022

I believe we share the same experience as @Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_ . The Create dialog looks new and beautiful (like @Alex Adland 's screen shot), but the Screens displayed during Workflow Transitions of Company Managed projects still use the old markup editor. You'll want to Vote and Watch JRACLOUD-78919  which is tied to the larger issue, JRACLOUD-70555  (probably a few more in there worth voting and watching).

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
June 24, 2022

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Like David Pezet likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events