Closed: Help us learn how you use workflows in Jira Cloud

Bryan Ye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

This research opportunity is now closed. Thank you everyone for participating. We got some amazing feedback from you all!

Hello Community!

I’m Bryan, from Jira Cloud’s workflows team. We’re working on improving the workflow editor and are looking for Jira Cloud admins to help us better understand how admins manage workflows today. We’d love for you to participate in our research study.

More details about the research session:

• We’ll conduct a session (with video and screen share) that’s for an hour. And, you can participate from anywhere.

• In the session, we’ll give you access to a Jira site and scenarios so that you can complete some tasks for us.

• As a token of appreciation for your time, we’ll send you an e-gift card worth $100 USD for this session.

Note: We expect you to be comfortable turning on your video and audio, and sharing your screen during the session.

If you're interested in taking part, please contact me at bye@atlassian.com so we can set up a time that works for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post or drop an email (details above). We look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,

Bryan

12 comments

Comment

Terry Douglas Jayasuriya September 13, 2022

Hi Bryan - Happy to participate in your Research Study. Terry

Martin Brignall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

I emailed you Bryan.

Sounds like an exciting opportunity.

Cheers.

Martin.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Not ready for the actual video session, but if you drop me a questionnaire I will gladly reply.

Surbhi Soni September 14, 2022

Hi Bran,

Can you pls share time & date for this session.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

If you're interested in taking part, please contact me at bye@atlassian.com so we can set up a time that works for you.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

I am willing to help out in this to. 

Dwight Thompson September 14, 2022

One of my biggest irritations with the current workflow setup is the way the line overlaps the actual statuses.  The path of the lines should be draggable to avoid intersecting the actual status boxes. 

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2022

Well I guess you are right, but you can still move status boxes and this is a good workaround. 

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2022

... when it works ... 

2022-09-14_09h10_40.png

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2022

I would like to take part, @Bryan Ye and will drop you an email. I've used workflows and automation added to them to support a total organization in a JWM way before JWM was a Thing.

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Brijesh September 14, 2022

Happy to help

Bonnie Lopes September 14, 2022

Sent you an email, Happy to participate if you still need people

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

@Bryan Ye -

Just replied to your email.  Looking forward to participate in the research.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Steve Rhodes
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Shame I missed this opportunity. Lets hope that we will be able to remove statuses from active workflows without having to clone it and make changes in the inactive one first!

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2022

I don't think it is a good idea. Applying workflow where a status was deleted needs modification of hundreds of issues and this should be done with a separate GUI with care.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2022

Please do backup and restore into an exchange format: json or xml. This will let us store workflows in git and edit them in standalone editors. Also a good idea would be to keep track of last 5-10 versions of workflow and show what was changed and by whom.

Like Steve Rhodes likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events