Look What Atlassian Has Done With Jira Business Projects!

Hey Fellow Admins,

You have probably already see a lot about the announcement of the Jira Work Management product beginning to roll out. Here is the announcement about getting on the wait list:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Announcing-the-waitlist-for-Jira-Work-Management/ba-p/1627313

This is basically a revamp of the Jira Core product - meaning Business projects. But there are some fantastic new features including Lists (think Queues from JSM) but these lists have inline editing!

There is also a very easy form creating tool so non-technical folks can create forms.

And there is a calendar function showing project issues with a Due Date on a common calendar for the project. 

Please keep in mind that this is still in beta, and like the New Jira Issue View and Next-gen projects when they first rolled out, they were not complete and development/enhancements will be on-going. 

11 comments

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2021

I am really looking forward to try this out!

Have you got access to it?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2021

@Deepanshu Natani  - Yes I was blessed to be a part of the initial beta. 

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

Ok, now I know who to tag if I have any questions about any of the new features in "Jira Work Management" :-P

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

@John Funk How can one give it a try on their own Jira cloud instance? Is this going to replace Jira Core product completely or is it just an add-on over it? Is this coming for only Jira Cloud or Jira DC as well?

Sorry, too many questions, but I am just curious about what impact would it have on Jira users.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

Hi @Taranjeet Singh - see the link for the waitlist. You can ask those questions of Chase on that article.  :-)

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2021

This change is definitely one to watch. 

Some companies may be able a save on JSM agent licenses but switching internal requests to use the approvals and forms coming to Jira Work Management.

The calendar visualisation could have interesting applications too.

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hello all,

Looks good, and I am interested to see how these new features blend with existing capabilities over time.  For example:

• Will the List have definable quick filters? 
  • Will the List have the ability to bulk update, without a navigation over to issues/filters?
  • Will the Calendar (and Roadmap) support non-issue items such as milestones?
  • Will the Calendar have definable quick filters?
  • With progress on the background color idea, will Boards and Forms have abilities to improve issue and background colors?

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

@Bill Sheboy  - Yes, those would all be nice editions!! I encourage you to sign up for the wait list and provide feedback!

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 8, 2021

@Bill Sheboy - I checked in with a JWM product manager about your questions!

• Will the List have definable quick filters? Working on quick filters right now still unsure about this one
  • Will the List have the ability to bulk update, without a navigation over to issues/filters? That's the plan
  • Will the Calendar (and Roadmap) support non-issue items such as milestones? Also the plan
  • Will the Calendar have definable quick filters? Same as first answer
  • With progress on the background color idea, will Boards and Forms have abilities to improve issue and background colors? Not sure he understands this one - can you elaborate? :)

*All bold answers subject to change ;) 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Bridget  Thanks for the responses!

Regarding the List, Boards, Forms, etc. colors... Background color changes are helpful. I was asking about issue and other item color improvement, data-driven on settings, fields, etc..  Some examples:

• non-working days in a different color on calendars
  • color entire issues rather than the current thin color-bar approach

Thanks, again!

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 9, 2021

@Bill Sheboy no problem! Thank you for the thoughtful questions 😊

Right now the team is using color in the context of issues to more easily identify status categories. There are explorations into using color in other ways, but larger features are currently prioritized higher than additional colors options. Both of these ideas around color for the calendar are good ones and the team will see if they can add them to the roadmap.

Hope that helps!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events