Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Jira Cloud hosting details

Hi JC Admins,

My company is currently using the Jira datacenter, I need some details and suggestions the Atlassian cloud hosting, Do we really need to care about the below things, as I know Atlassian is already working on some below points like enterprise authentication, sandbox etc.

I would like to know some details about the below points if you guys have already explore these as a part of your cloud migration journey,

Also like to know your opinion on which feature would you like to be available in Jira cloud in upcoming releases.

• What database does Jira cloud uses.
  • Which region the Jira instance is hosted.
  • What User management options available. SSO and LDAP integration?
  • Does Cloud have any option to configure the CDN if teams are globally distrusted.
  • What are the options for staging instances for testing the things. (Those are free?, are they based on the plan we selected?, size in stage instance? etc)
  • Can we limit the API requests in Cloud.
  • Can we restrict the Jira's accessibility to only our office network (accessible only on VPN )
  • Application logs access like access logs for investigating any security related issues.

5 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2021

@Sagar - hi Sagar! For sanity's sake, I numbered your bullet points:

1. What database does Jira cloud uses.
  2. Which region the Jira instance is hosted.
  3. What User management options available. SSO and LDAP integration?
  4. Does Cloud have any option to configure the CDN if teams are globally distrusted.
  5. What are the options for staging instances for testing the things. (Those are free?, are they based on the plan we selected?, size in stage instance? etc)
  6. Can we limit the API requests in Cloud.
  7. Can we restrict the Jira's accessibility to only our office network (accessible only on VPN )
  8. Application logs access like access logs for investigating any security related issues.

I'll answer some of your questions. I just had coffee and I'm feeling helpful 😅

• Answering #2. Per CLOUD-11100 (and posts on Atlassian Community by Atlassian staff), data residency is available to customers on the Enterprise plan, and will (in the future) be available on other pricing plans.
  • Answering #3. to easily integrate your Cloud instance with SSO and sync groups with your enterprise directories, one option is to subscribe to Atlassian Access.
  • Answering #4, CDN is enabled by default. If you have a need to disable CDN support, you can work with Support to do that.
  • Answering #5, sandbox environments can be provisioned if you're on the Premium or Enterprise pricing plans.
  • Answering #6, why would you want to limit API requests? Atlassian seems to dynamically limit API requests to its Cloud infrastructure from external systems, but they don't have clear rules that I know of.
  • Answering #8, there are various logs available through the app. Currently the Free plan doesn't have audit logs, but the other plans do.

Good luck with your investigation of Atlassian's Cloud products!

Like # people like this
Lorenzo Phillips
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

I noticed one very important question that you didn’t ask that will be critical to your orgs migration—-what Atlassian Apps (aka plugins) are you using? Not all of your DC apps will have cloud equivalents.

You may have to use a different app that offers the same functionality or see if you can do without the app if the vendor doesn’t offer a cloud version. 

Regardless, this is an important item that should be on your checklist before making a final migration decision. 

If you need assistance, there are Atlassian partners like my company (RenWare, Inc.) that have done many migrations that can help make your life easier. 🤓😎

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2021

@Sagar - FYI, we're not the admins of Atlassian's Jira Cloud infrastructure (though that'd be cool) - this group is a forum for Jira Cloud admins. 💪

Let us know how your exploration goes! 🙏

Like Sagar likes this
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2021

Thanks for the update @Dave Liao and @Lorenzo Phillips  That was helpful, I will continue my exploration regarding the cloud infra and features of Atlassian Cloud,

Also, I can post here if found something interesting which will help others if they have similar questions regarding the Cloud.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

i'll add my 2 cents:

#7: Yes this is possible through IP Allowlisting which is available on on the premium plans (and higher)

Like Sagar likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events