Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

77 comments

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

@Philipp Suchan  I can't get it to work in MS Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11328.20438) and I'm not sure if it falls under the 'Office on Windows' category you mentioned. Can you confirm/deny that is should work in this version? I get the same message as @Trevor Miller mentioned.

I did get it to work in Excel online.

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hi @Trevor Miller

The current description isn't clear, and we're working to update it. To use this add-in, you do need an office 365 subscription.

Lance Bennett November 12, 2019

This is such a time saver! Thank you!

Deleted user November 13, 2019

Have you plan extend  excel add-in with "schedule all data refreshes" function?

Andishe Zhand November 13, 2019

Hi all.
is there an option to import and add new data with the same filter on a daily basis?
for example to collect the team's "tasks-in-progress" per day for a whole month?

Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

@Andishe Zhand - depends what you are trying to accomplish. Yes, you can import a filter on a daily basis via a scheduled refresh.

However, the daily refresh will clear the sheet the next day (and update with the live data at the time) so if you are trying to create a historic record per day you will need to manually copy the data every day into a new sheet to preserve them. There is currently no way to schedule data to be refreshed into a new sheet (which I assume you are attempting to do). 

Hope this helps.

Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2019

@[deleted]  - scheduled refresh is on the roadmap for Jira for Excel so stayed tuned!

Andishe Zhand November 14, 2019

@Philipp Suchan 

yes exactly. I need a historic record, which atm I import manually.
That's be nice feature to be able to automatically add data to an existing DB on a regular basis.

Jyoti Shankar November 25, 2019

Thank you so very much for this much needed update!! Very much appreciate the convenience!

Giacomo Tufano December 12, 2019

Hi,

everytime I try to refresh my sheet data, i got 

"scoping out the situation" message and it freezes.

Untitled.png

what can it be?

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hi @Giacomo Tufano ,

We've found the problem and will be working to push out a fix soon. :) 

Thanks,

Catherine

tibor.cseri@ocado.com January 23, 2020

Any update on this? I also get this message and no progress is made

Deleted user January 23, 2020

Anyway I could schedule the refresh in a more frequently way then hourly? Like from 15-15min

Eugene Ga February 19, 2020

@Catherine Chang Any update on the issue? Most of the queries hang on "scoping out the situation"?

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2020

@Eugene Ga you should not run into hung imports with "scoping out the situation". Can you please let us know how frequently this happens for you? We have seen this issue rarely and retries normally fixes the situation for a user. Also next time this happens, do you mind sending us feedback through the in-app feedback pane, you can get to it by clicking on the hamburger menu in the add-on and clicking on "Give Feedback"

Paul M_ Brunner February 19, 2020

This issue happens daily for me. Today I am stuck with progress. in that it is not working at all (after multiple attempts). I do get an error that states "Cannot set field "id" in request" when I try the update sheet function.

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2020

@Paul M_ Brunner can you please reproduce the issue and send us a bug report through the "Give Feedback" menu in the add-on? That way, we'll also have additional information about your environment which will help us in getting to the root of the issue quickly.

Paul M_ Brunner February 19, 2020

@Rahul Patil I have submitted the bug. It is not clear to me what type of report has been sent.

FeedbackMessage.jpgJiraError.jpgJiraError2.jpg

Eugene Ga February 19, 2020

@Rahul Patil it hangs on most of the queries. simple example:

=JIRA.JQL("key=BP-19090", "issuekey, timeOriginalEstimate, timespent, timeEstimate")

send feedback PIF-1715

Like Denis Gries likes this
Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2020

Thanks @Eugene Ga and @Paul M_ Brunner for submitting the bug report. We'll reach out through the ticketing system with next updates. Rest assured that we have eyes on both issues :)

Eugene Ga February 20, 2020

@Rahul Patil Just a note since mostly any query hangs it makes this Add-on totally useless. Any expectations when you can fix the issue?

Paul M_ Brunner February 20, 2020

@Rahul Patil as soon as possible. It is a barrier. I have found a work around, but it creates inconsistencies and issues for others who do not know the workarounds.

First, the anomaly presents when I select an additional item to import. It as if there is a limit on the number of fields we can bring in. If I remove this additional field it seems to work.

I did create a workaround, but it will require additional time to validate. I have two import sheets that bring in different data and then I merge them on a 3rd sheet. I needed to create two separate filters so that we could easily differentiate on the fields that can be imported.

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2020

@Paul M_ Brunner fix was deployed to production, and you should no longer experience it. If you see it again, please reach out to us through the in-app feedback form by clicking on the hamburger menu and using the "Give Feedback" button. Please ensure "Atlassian can contact me about this feedback" is selected, so that we can get back to you through our ticketing system quickly. 

Eugene Ga February 24, 2020

@Rahul Patil is there a way to get rid of two status lines that report when data pull is started and how many rows is returned?

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2020

@Eugene Ga Some of that data is available in the side panel. When you import issues in google sheets using the side panel, we show a progress bar at the bottom of the side panel, which provides updates around how many issues were imported. Once the import is done, we also update the time stamp at "Last Updated" to reflect when the import was done.

Showing this information for JIRA() is a bit challenging because of the way formulae work in sheets.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events