Introducing the Jira Roadmap Macro for Confluence

86 comments

Alvaro Munoz July 31, 2019

Hi, I am a cloud user but still I cannot use it because I have classic projects :) 
Please add this feature tu classic projects too! 

Olivia Quakenbush July 31, 2019

I am looking forward to using this, but I have one enhancement that would make this the perfect solution for multi-team communication.

It would be awesome to also be able to report/display on any dependencies the roadmap has with other team epics. So that it can be known that one Epic is dependent on another.

Thanks!!

Tyler Brown July 31, 2019

Spoiled Cloud user her, but, as mentioned above, would love to have Roadmaps for Classic projects.

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

There's a webinar next week about next-gen projects:  https://atlassian.zoom.us/meeting/register/3c9ffcf97f14059b34538d7d4481ef37

Should be a good place to learn more about the right time to go all-in on them so we can get the spiffy roadmap macro ... 

Kirk Brohman July 31, 2019

Like many others have said, it would be great to have this functionality available for classic projects. Next-gen isn't quite there for our teams' needs, so we won't be able to use this awesome new feature.

It's a bummer that so Atlassian is releasing so many new features that are dependent on a new type of project that's not yet mature enough to meet the needs of many legacy users.

Dontae Delgado July 31, 2019

Does this require the user in Confluence to have a Jira license?

Trish Southerland July 31, 2019

Um, can we do away with the Barney references? He scares me! (joke ... well, the last sentence was, The 'sharing is caring' quote from the big purple dino is scary!)

Juan Menjivar July 31, 2019

Loving the idea of being able to consolidate phases or work streams into a single picture and present it at from high level to lowers. Jumping into it right now.

stef July 31, 2019

Please include this in Jira Server...

Kevin Arvey July 31, 2019

As others have mentioned, a roadmap feature in Classic would really fit our needs as being able to pull multiple roadmaps into one view would be ideal for portfolio planning and high level presentations. If the resources will not be dedicated to classic, then the build out of next gen is the logical alternative. Please continue making roadmaps a priority!

Morten Hansen July 31, 2019

Nice feature. But how about fixing the broken things first:

Support for vertical alignment of table cell contents

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-24453

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-24453

It is really bad that you cannot vertically align in a table...

@Ben Jackson Can you at least comment on this?

Eugene D Bethel July 31, 2019

Hi Atlassian,

In case you weren't aware, your customers would like to see this as a Server/DC feature too...

Michael Mueller July 31, 2019

.. and one vote for the classic cloud projects, again. 

Sorry to say that but this all remains me at the last days of Kayako download   Version. Having a lot of old bugs and customer complaints or wishes for improvements not done and not fixed. but spending  time on another new fancy app to generate and reach more  customers. I can understand that. But Sad and frustrating for existing customers anyway 

Matt Mason July 31, 2019

Since we are spending all this time with integrating Jira and Confluence, how about you resolve the problem with Jira not showing burndown reports in confluence?

See JST-489689 Embed Burndown chart in Confluence page

Raja Jeevan Kumar Maduri July 31, 2019

Thanks for getting us the much-awaited feature. Hope you will continue to absorb in all the features currently available within aha.io into your ecosystem. The feature of interoperability between JIRA and Confluence surely is going to be a great match. 

Please work towards a feature that will allow for exporting the story to a presentation or PDF, which will help talk through the story. Please add-in all the relevant widgets and templates for the product managers to fill in with indicative content. 

"Templates" for document creation on Confluence is one other great feature that you could work towards. Atlassian has some great product managers who can prescribe templates for tailoring and building. 

Thanks YET AGAIN for building a usable solution. Cheers!!

Bruce Reed July 31, 2019

I also would love to see this in server, but I know Atlassian has stated there is no commitment on the JIra Server version of this and the cloud version was released last year.

It's become obvious Atlassian slow walks new Server features and seems to have no interest in furthering innovation for their Server customers. As a server customer for multiple products I have to say this is very disappointing. Cloud still does not support custom domain use and those of us who need that and the added customization capabilities that server affords are just SOL. It's pathetic.

Alex Farias July 31, 2019

Hi guys, please bring this functionality to the Classic projects. Now with Backlog in Kanban and SCRUM projects it will be possible to create a Confluence page with vision of different types and projects. Thank you

JobFlow July 31, 2019

I'd also like to vote for this being available on server, Thanks

Drew Heasman July 31, 2019

When is this going to be available in Classic projects?

We can't use it because the Next Gen projects don't have many of the features we require - this seems to be the only feature exclusive to Next Gen projects.

Robert Mulvey July 31, 2019
  • Another +1 for this in classic version. It was not long ago I created my project and seemed logical to me to use something stable (not next gen).  Now this cool feature is "released" only to a project type that seemed to me not to be mainstream. It is frustrating. I'm using subtasks and have links... Cant easily move to next gen.
Andrew Webster July 31, 2019

Yet another cry for "Add it to server!  Please!"

This looks great, will help in many ways !!!

Is there a step-by-step guide on how to embed the JIRA roadmap with Confluence

Mark Hasenstab July 31, 2019

When will Jira next-gen support something at a higher level than Epics, like Initiatives?  Can't track roadmaps at the EPIC level.

Divya Dias July 31, 2019

When can we expect this feature in the Classic version of Cloud instance as migrating to Next-gen does not seem like a viable option owing to its known shortcomings?

Monika Rawat July 31, 2019

Would have been lot helpful if we could get the roadmap in JIRA Classic projects.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events