Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't I order cards in Story Maps by the same priority they are in Jira?

I am using a Story Map I created for the purpose of our squad PI planning.  When I bulk import the stories from an epic they order by the Jira Align ID.  I can move them around but when I refresh they go back to that order.  I want them to populate in the same order i have them under that epic in Jira.  I would also like to be able to expand the columns so that we can view more cards for one column (Epic in my case) when we are focusing on that column (epic) in our discussion.

2 answers

Hi Thomas, 

Jira doesn't natively have a Story Map. Is it possible you're using a app to provide integrated User Story Mapping?

Reaching out to the vendor of your Story Mapping service will help you get the specific help you need. 

(For context, I work for Easy Agile who make Easy Agile User Story Maps.) 

Kind regards, 
Stephanie Seymour | Easy Agile 

Thanks for your reply Stephanie.  However, I posted this in Jira ALIGN community :) - so I am referring to the Mapping Functionality within Jira Align.  More specifically the Story mapping.

JA Story Map.JPG

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying for me, @Thomas Blades. I didn't know Jira Align facilitated user story mapping - I'll have to look into it! 

Like Thomas Blades likes this

Hi @Thomas Blades ,

I think the reason is that Jira hasn't supported Story map yet.

How about using a third-party add-on to make user story map easier with an action of drag & drop? I will suggest you: Agile user story map & Roadmap for Jira.

This plugin is a combine of user story map and user persona, product management.

So you can manage multiple projects in one step, clarify goals, plan and create sharing knowledge about end users among your team.

Hope this helps.

Best regard,

Mai Anh 

Agile User Story Map big picture

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Helpful hints if you're rolling Align out to your entire enterprise

(Or, What to expect when you’re expanding.) Once you've completed your Jumpstart, or your initial assessment of Jira Align, you'll start to think about how you can roll it out to the rest of your e...

939 views 3 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you