Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I order cards in Story Maps by the same priority they are in Jira?

Thomas Blades March 25, 2021

I am using a Story Map I created for the purpose of our squad PI planning.  When I bulk import the stories from an epic they order by the Jira Align ID.  I can move them around but when I refresh they go back to that order.  I want them to populate in the same order i have them under that epic in Jira.  I would also like to be able to expand the columns so that we can view more cards for one column (Epic in my case) when we are focusing on that column (epic) in our discussion.

3 answers

1 vote
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_ 

I think the answer to your issue lies within the push/pull option in Jira Align and how that affects rank in Jira and Jira Align. 

To hold your Jira Rank in Jira Align - the following steps/actions must be done

1) Your system role (i.e. product owner) must have permission to push/pull rank from external system Admin - Settings - Roles- Program - Rank in external tools

2) User must pull rank from Jira.

3) Review and make any last changes (make sure they are ranked the same as you have in Jira)

4) Push to Jira (this "sets" the rank in Align

At this point, the rank in Jira and Jira Align should match.  So when you open the hidden gem of Story mapping in Jira Align you should see it the way you expect.... 

Hope this helps! 

Tina

Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2021

Thanks @Tina Behers!

This seems like the answer that may actually address @Thomas Blades's original post. 

Kind regards, 
Stephanie Seymour | Easy Agile 

Thomas Blades April 22, 2021

I agree @Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_ !  This looks like a very good possibility.  I will report back with my findings.  Thanks @Tina Behers !

I do not have the system roles of with permissions for this but have requested it be looked into.  In the mean time, does anyone know if a future enhancement to this feature might include the ability to expand the width of the columns?  That would be very useful when using this for real time planning.

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

@Thomas Blades  I would recommend adding an enhancement request using the JIRA Align ideation portal.  Other customer who may also be aware of this hidden gem can vote on it which will increase the likelihood of it getting picked up quicker than if you (exclusively) request it through your TAM 

Like # people like this

Thanks Tina - how do i access ideation portal?

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

@Thomas Blades 
I don’t have access to an instance right now so these directions from memory may be a little off- please accept my apologies in advance- 

From within your instance - click on your avatar (top left) click help- from this screen along the top “ribbon” click (or the center panel about half way down) click submit a ticket - then select enhancement and fill the form. 

Like Thomas Blades likes this
0 votes
mai.anh April 12, 2021

Hi @Thomas Blades ,

I think the reason is that Jira hasn't supported Story map yet.

How about using a third-party add-on to make user story map easier with an action of drag & drop? I will suggest you: Agile user story map & Roadmap for Jira.

This plugin is a combine of user story map and user persona, product management.

So you can manage multiple projects in one step, clarify goals, plan and create sharing knowledge about end users among your team.

Hope this helps.

Best regard,

Mai Anh 

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2021

Hi Thomas, 

Jira doesn't natively have a Story Map. Is it possible you're using a app to provide integrated User Story Mapping?

Reaching out to the vendor of your Story Mapping service will help you get the specific help you need. 

(For context, I work for Easy Agile who make Easy Agile User Story Maps.) 

Kind regards, 
Stephanie Seymour | Easy Agile 

Thomas Blades March 26, 2021

Thanks for your reply Stephanie.  However, I posted this in Jira ALIGN community :) - so I am referring to the Mapping Functionality within Jira Align.  More specifically the Story mapping.

JA Story Map.JPG

Marketplace Partner
March 28, 2021

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying for me, @Thomas Blades. I didn't know Jira Align facilitated user story mapping - I'll have to look into it! 

Like Thomas Blades likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events