What is best way to win using Jira Align for small teams?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2020

Hey, I'm currently not into Jira Align, but I have checked out all the resources and I have realized that this is cool tool but is only for large teams and organization (do correct me if I'm wrong).

But, I want to see if any any small organization or team is using Jira Align, and what are scenarios where you are most benefited by using it.

2 comments

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2020

As far as I know, Atlassian is not offering Jira Align to small teams.

In case of small teams, Atlassian recommends using Portfolio.

However, I am keen to know if any small team is using Jira Align.

Like # people like this
Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ January 13, 2020

The minimum number of Jira Align licences you can purchase is currently 30 as per https://agilecraft.com/pricing.  This is the equivalent of a team of agile teams of say 120 Jira Integrated Users. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

@DPKJ thanks for posting this, I was wondering the exact same thing myself.  Looks like I still have more reading to do, I feel like our company might be right on that lower entry point of using Jira Align.

Like # people like this
RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

We have some content coming out in the near future to help clarify when your teams are better suited for Jira Align or Portfolio for Jira.  Jira Align is going to be mostly suited for larger organizations that are really trying to get that very large cross team visibility, alignment, and total business agility in motion.  Jira Align is chock full of substantial features that, to be frank, are going to be a little bit too much for smaller teams - and not really necessary.  You won't be facing a lot of the challenges that Jira Align specifically solves for, and we would never want you to use a product that isn't best suited to solve your challenges and needs.  

Keep an eye out for this content, as I think it will really help clarify some things for everyone :)

In the mean time, we are always looking for people to speak to, to understand the challenges you're facing in your organization, when it comes to scaling agile practices across the company.  So if you're like to provide your input, let me know, and I can jump on a quick 30 min call with you :)  Our goal is always to put your teams front and center of our work :) 

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

@RJ Gazarekthanks for explaining this.

Like RJ Gazarek likes this
Abhishek May 31, 2022

Hi @RJ Gazarek , I know this is an old thread, but to make sure I have exactly the content you were mentioned, can you post the link of that thing here? Thank you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events