Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did you do before Align?

Arden_Hawley January 15, 2020

I'm curious what other folks use(d) before they onboarded Jira Align.  Portfolio? Structure? Spreadsheets?? How did you get your community to switch over? 

1 comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Hi, Arden.  This is a great question. I can't wait to see the sorts of responses it generates. Thanks!

From my perspective, Jira Align is not a replacement for any of the products you've listed. (Note: I work for the company that makes Structure, so maybe you should accept my view with a large grain of salt.) However, my perspective is based on what I am hearing from our customers and Atlassian Solution Partners.

These folks tell me the products you've listed will very likely be used in combination with Jira Align, in a complementary fashion.  

It will be interesting to hear if others are hearing this as well — and what your contemporaries have to say.  

-dave [ALM Works]

BTW: What did you decide to do?  

Like # people like this
Arden_Hawley January 16, 2020

I agree that it's not a replacement.  And I do love my structures and they're not going away anytime soon  ;) But I know that users have been stretching tools like structure and portfolio to their limits trying to do enterprise level planning. 

Generally our users use create their structure, export from their structures to perform excel black magic, before reuploading to Jira.  Portfolio is generally used for reporting after planning is done.

Edit to add: We use portfolio, structure, and are piloting Align. 

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events