Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your tricks or workarounds when working with Jira Align?

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi my fellow Jira Align users,

I love working with clients to implement and use Jira Align for better decision-making at all levels.

One of the realities of life when doing analysis with Jira Align (at least for me) is I want to look at two related but different versions of the same view at the same time.

A perfect example is PI close-out / PI start. I want to see the Program Board (or other view) for the PI that just completed and for the PI that just is in PI Planning. 

I can't do that in one browser with Jira Align, and I can't do that with one browser with multiple windows (split screen). What I can do is open one PI in Firefox and another in Chrome (or Safari and Chrome for Mac users). The top filter (context menu) is universal across tabs and windows of the same browser, but not different browsers.

NOTE: After writing this up, I double-checked and discovered two instances of the same browser does work now. Oh well, just can't use two tabs in one instance. That's JA team for slipping in improvements I wasn't even aware of!

What tricks or workarounds do you use in Jira Align?

Regards,
Peter

1 comment

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

I always recommend the first thing a user does when accessing a Jira Align environment that is integrated with Jira is go to their preferences and enable show external IDs to show the Jira keys of integrated issues.

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

@Tim Keyes Great suggestion! A lot of people probably are more familiar with the Jira Software IDs, especially when they've been working in Jira for so long, so that makes those integrated work items a lot easier to find.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events