Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAFe 5.0 announced! Let's discuss!

RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Last week in San Diego, Scaled Agile Inc announced the latest version of their SAFe framework (SAFe 5.0).  It was an awesome reveal and I'm curious what you all think about the new framework and changes.

Read my blog on the changes

I thought it was a really great step in the right direction, especially around grounding it in more reality of what happens during SAFe implementation.  I'd love to hear where you all are in your SAFe transformation, and what you think some of these changes might mean to you.

• Do you like the changes?
  • Is there anything you think that's still missing?
  • Are you SPC certified and looking forward to getting your 5.0 certification?

Also - we're going to have a webinar with Steve Elliot (Head of Product, Jira Align) and Dean Leffingwell himself! (The founder of SAFe).  So make sure you sign up for that, to ask any questions you have and hear from the leaders in this space.

https://go.agilecraft.com/safe5.0

4 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2019

Will this webinar be available later for those who cannot attend "live"?

Like Peter Jessen likes this
RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Yes I'm fairly certain we intend on having an on-demand version of it.  We encourage you to still sign up though, so you stay up to the date on that.

Marleen Kluyver October 31, 2019

I just attended the webinar today October 31, on Safe 5.0 and Jira-Algin and I would like to know if we will receive the slides?

Like RJ Gazarek likes this
RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2019

You will definitely get a link to the recording - and I believe we are working on PDFing all of the slides to get those out to you all as well :D 

Like # people like this
Marleen Kluyver October 31, 2019

In SAFe (Jira-align) we use Epic and in Jira we also use Epic. For most of us confusing !!! could we change the name Epic in Jira to Feature.  Is that possible.  Or how do you guys handle this.

Like # people like this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Marleen Kluyver - There is a plug-in available to change epic in Jira to feature. It's from cPrime - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218959/safe-epic-to-feature-translator-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview.

vadivelan natarajan November 1, 2019

Thank you Atlassian Team. Webinar on "What's new of SAFe 5.0" was a great session and lot of insights how Jira Align is aligning with SAFe. Informative and useful webinar at right time.  Will wait for the PDF version and the recordings, so we can have our references. Thank you for the Presenters.

Like # people like this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @RJ Gazarek,

I missed the webinar and can't find it via Google. Is there a link available yet to watch the recording?

I'm asking because I'm writing up a discussion (How Does Jira Align Currently Support SAFe 5.0 and What Would We as a Community Want Added?) on this very topic and would love to make sure it's (eventually) complete.

Regards,
Peter

Like # people like this
RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

We actually just completed a short asset (PDF) that walks through some of the ways that Jira Align already supports SAFe 5.0, with screenshots.  And looking at your discussion, we've covered a lot of what you have.  (We didn't go into every single piece, because we wanted this PDF to actually be consumable, but we may actually link to your discussion post in our email!)  :D Should be coming out in an email to everyone in the near future, and we can also add it to the community as well.  

You can find the signup for the on-demand webinar here:  https://go.agilecraft.com/safe5.0

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2020

Is there an ETA for the content? 😬

RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

Hopefully it'll go out this week! :D :D 

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events