How to best start with Jira Align?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask your experience how best to start with Jira Align?
I am looking for some documentation, articles, videos or your personal observations :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Pavel

1 comment

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Hi @Pavel Junek,

Is your company considering implementing Jira Align?

Are you part of the evaluation team? If so, then the best option is to get access to the Jira Align Launch Pad, it's a version of Jira Align with guided simulations that allow you to work with demo data while learning.

If your company has already implemented Jira Align,

then those training simulations are available within Jira Align in the upper right corner when you click on what looks like a clipboard (assuming your company enabled the simulations).

If neither of the above cases is true, and you are a team member wanting to learn on your own:

Upcoming ways to learn:

• I know that Atlassian is in the process of building out a series of Jira Align certification courses, but I don't know when they will be available to the public or internally to client companies. 
    • To the awesome @Shawn Kessler - Sorry to put you on the spot (not really :-)) - Any time frame?
  • Now for a deep gulp (as opposed to a Big Gulp), I now have article writing rights (privileges?) in the Atlassian Community and I am planning a series of articles (and possibly webinars/videos) to address this very question. I just need to make sure I comply with all Atlassian Community standards (once I know what they all are for videos/webinars).
    • The articles, videos, and webinars will be pure learning content.
    • Any suggestions for what people would like to learn first?

Regards,
Peter

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2020

Great Post Peter!

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Super! Thank you Peter 🙂

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

@Peter Jessen Atlassian University is taking the lead on the JA certification courses. I have pinged them to try and get a timeframe/roadmap. Stay tuned.

Like Emily Koch likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2020

Thanks Peter have you thought about writing an article that contains more detail about Jira Align launch pad?  I think that would be really helpful.

Like Peter Jessen likes this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Brant Schroeder - Great idea. This week has been crazy, so something for me to consider as i come up for air.

Like # people like this
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Thank you @Peter Jessen for this additional information on Align. Look forward to reading more about it, although it seems it may be a little large for our organization size.

Friendly Giant October 11, 2021

Great start @Peter Jessen to learn about Align, after Portfolio and Big Picture, i will now attempt Align in a dutch company and will follow some of your tips...and feedback on them in this community. And i trust @Fun Man Andy  will help organise some event  on this.✨

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events