Customer Details

Theresa Doris May 3, 2021

In Algin the customer workflows are really inadequate for tracking customer paid enhancements and related items. 

Currently, you can only add the customer name, no details. To me, the customer is almost more important than the competitors, which has a full build-out suite and ties within the system. 

For Customers, I would like to see all the details that we have on the competitor's detail, be able to see and link customer visits (you can select the customer at the meeting). I would like to be able to tie the features to a customer if related, and then be able to show the customers all the features and status related to their record.  

Has anyone seen a roadmap for Align with the customer area? Does anyone else have a way to tie the features besides adding a label? 

1 comment

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

@Theresa Doris Hi Tess! 

Jira Align does allow for customers to be associated to the feature and to filter the roadmaps by work being done for a customer. 

To do so: 

1) Add customer field to your feature, if it is not visible (Admin - Detail Panels Settings- Select a portfolio- Work item: Feature- toggle on customer and make required if desired - *NOTE if you make it required, I recommend that you add an "Internal" or (company name) to the customer list. (DetailsPanel1.png)Detailpanel..PNG

2) Add the list of customers to Jira Align - (Admin - Customers - Add Customer) - (Customeradmin.png)Customeradmin.PNG

3) Select the appropriate customer on the Feature - More Details - Customer Field (FeatureDetail.png)Featuredetail.PNG

4) Go to roadmaps - Select Feature View (in my screen shot - called Jira Epics) - (Roadmap1.jpg)  - All Features for the selected Portfolio/program and PI are displayedRaodmap3.PNG

5) Select [Briefing] button on left - Select the appropriate customer from the list (Roadmap3)Roapmap1.PNG

7) Returned roadmap is only those features associated with the selected customer(s) (Roadmap2.png)Roadmap2.PNG

Hope this helps !

Theresa Doris July 23, 2021

Thank you Tina.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events