Agile Project Management

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Software teams need to work fast, but efficiently--collaboration, transparency, and responsiveness are paramount for teams to deliver innovative products in shorter time frames. Enter Agile project management. Agile project management follows an iterative approach to managing software development projects with a focus on the continuous improvement of products or services. The main benefit of Agile project management is its ability to respond to issues in real time during the project life cycle, ultimately leading to successful projects completed on time and within budget. Unlike traditional project management, which utilizes a project manager role to steer and facilitate all aspects of the project, Agile divides the responsibility among collaborating team members.

Two prominent Agile project management methodologies—Scrum and Kanban—provide frameworks for planning and guiding project processes. While the Scrum framework for Agile project management focuses on the use of fixed-length iterations of work, Kanban puts more emphasis on managing workload to match a team’s capacity. Both frameworks rely heavily on project estimation to identify capacity, and Agile reporting to monitor a team’s performance.

Whether you use Scrum, Kanban, or other Agile methodologies to manage projects, we would love to hear how you improve turnaround times, deployment speeds, detection of defects, quality of deliverables, and customer satisfaction, especially if you use Jira Align's project management tool set to do so ;). 

1 comment

Russell Avre January 20, 2020

Personally, I am very happy that Align was introduced, as I have been struggling with using Excel sheets to monitor the project portfolio.

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Given the size of organizations for which Jira Align is intended for use, I can only imagine the struggle of trying to use Excel for planning that complex!!

Like Shawn Kessler likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events