how to search by key?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012

Is there a way we can filter by Key? In JQL, the less than sign comes up as possible operator but when i use it I am getting "The issue key '2000000' for field 'key' is invalid."

Any help is appreciated!

4 answers

4 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012

key < TEST-15

will get you all the issues with keys TEST-1 to TEST-14. Hope that gives you an idea. You need to give a valid key after the operator.

Vikram Saran June 4, 2019

This doesn't work anymore :(

Like Enric Martinez likes this
Enric Martinez October 15, 2020

Of course not. It was all too handy.
I bet there is a paid plugin to get this functionality back.

Like Kyle Farris likes this
Kyle Farris October 21, 2020

@Enric Martinez That's sadly all-too-likely what will happen. :-(

0 votes
Saravanan Ravikumar June 9, 2016

Hello,

I need to is there any possible to search the issue which begins with  key WEBEDI-40

Is that possible?

Ivar Fennema February 26, 2019

What you could try is search for   Project = WEBEDI

Like # people like this
Deleted user March 24, 2021

key > WEBEDI-40 will give you the issues created after WEBEDI-40 like WEBEDI-41,42,43..

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2012

The following link listed out all of possible ways to search for issues in JIRA for your reference:

- http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Searching+for+Issues

Chris Matson May 6, 2020

This link is working for me. Using "project in (PCR)".

This collects all with Keys of PCR-####.

Enric Martinez October 15, 2020

:(

Ah, the good old times...

Got nerfed, I assume it was a genius move to make the game experience more balanced and allow for new users to level up more quickly...

Oh, this is not the WoW forum? Sorry for that, but this move to make the KEY / issuekey fields behave like... integer search? makes as much sense as what I just wrote.

Sure, now I can use key and issuekey to search for  createdByEmail(), very handy , but unfortunately there are already other fields for that.

Thanks Atlassian. I will seriously press to migrate to Topdesk or our own bugzilla implementation. Our old TRAC based approach worked way better, at least I could use decent SQL to write queries that actually made sense.

Like Kyle Farris likes this
0 votes
Ian D February 11, 2012

Be sure to include the project ID in the numbers or range you specify :)

Suggest an answer