eazyBi show time logged during selected sprint

Naor Yuval February 9, 2015

I have an eazyBi report for time logged by epic.

my columns include the Epic Link.

my rows include: Measures -> Calculated members -> Hours spent with sub-tasks

my pages include: Project, Sprint, and Logged by (user)

the problem is that when I select a sprint I see all the time logged for all the issues in the sprint. for issues that span multiple sprints (unfortunately that happens sometimes) the report will tally all the logged time.

how can I limit the report to select only the log entries between the selected sprint's start and end dates?

Many thanks,

N

1 answer

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hi Naor,

Please try the following formula to sum 'Hours spent with sub-tasks' measure only in days that are within selected Sprint 

Sum(Filter(
  Descendants([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Time].[Day]),
  [Measures].[Time within Sprint] > 0
), [Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks])

Kind regards,
Lauma 

Antonino November 2, 2016

I have a similar report:

my columns include Measures -> Calculated members -> [Original estimated hours] and [Hours spent with sub-tasks]

my rows include Issue and Logged by (user) dimensions

my pages include Project and Sprint dimensions

and trying the above formula, I see there are some issues not calculated as expected because they have been removed from the selected sprint and added to the next sprint. They are listed as "Issues Not Completed" in the Sprint report.

Doing some investigation, I verified the logged hours are not returned by the [Hours spent with sub-tasks] field, even if they are correctly included into the Burndown chart for the selected sprint.

Do you have any suggestion for reporting logged hours (Hours spent) through a different field?

Thanks, Antonino.

Therese Lindepil March 13, 2017

Any update on this? 
How to get hours spent for issues that are not completed in the sprint? 

eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2017

The formula below takes into account hours spent in Sprint for incomplete issues as well:

NonZero(SUM(Filter(
  Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
  ([Measures].[Transitions to],
   [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0),
  SUM(
    Filter( 
    { [Time].CurrentHierarchy.Levels('Day').DateMember([Sprint].CurrentMember.get('Start date')):
      [Time].CurrentHierarchy.Levels('Day').DateMember([Sprint].CurrentMember.get('End date')) },
    [Measures].[Issues history] > 0) ,
     NonZero (([Measures].[Hours spent],
       [Issue].CurrentMember,
       [Sprint].DefaultMember))
  )
))

The formula could have performance issues. 

Currently, we are working on changes in Sprint scope management to improve precision and performance. 

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Nuria Llobera Vila June 25, 2018

Hi Daina,

I tried your code and I get the following error:

Formula is not valid:
Syntax error at line 4, column 43, token '&gt'

Is the code above actual?

Best regards,

Nuria

eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

Hi @Nuria Llobera Vila,

It seems there was some formatting mistake in given formula; instead of '&gt' should be an equation symbol '>'.

In eazyBI Support answer Mar 24, 2017, the formula is fixed now.

Best,

Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Suggest an answer