cannot edit draw.io

André Fabrício da Costa Leite August 31, 2016

After installing draw.io some user cannot edit the diagrams, but they can create.

10 answers

0 votes
Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

I am facing issue on confluence cloud. Do  anyone have solution for the same?

0 votes
Al January 13, 2017
I have found the problem.
Thought it best to check other add-ons for conflict. Rather than going into Safe Mode and reenabling one by one, i chose to disable one by one instead. Thankfully it was only the 2nd add-on I disabled and Draw.io works again.
There was an add-on called "Database Schema Visualizer" which apparently conflicted so I have uninstalled it. A screenshot is attached for your info.
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 15.37.18.png
Draw.io uses a component called mxUtils which was presumably impacted by this 3rd party add-on.
Others with similar issue may find that installed add-ons may be conflicting so should check.
Al
0 votes
Al January 12, 2017

Did all that, no improvement.

Attachments are on; I apply attachments to many issues with no problems. The atatched draw.io files are still present on the issues, and can be downloaded ok. But no editing can be done and thumbnails missing. 

Cleared cache = same.

Uninstalled Draw.io, rolled back to the previous version = same.

Uninstalled then re-installed latest version = same.

MXutils is a java component of MXdraw, which is from the same provider as Draw.io I think. So presumably it's bundled with Draw.io?

I've reported to Draw.io yesterday but no help yet.

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Please try clearing the plugin cache.
- Stop JIRA
- Delete these folders:
   JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
   JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
- Start JIRA

0 votes
Al January 11, 2017

Presumably JIRA Settings > Permissions (or project administration).

In the relevant permission scheme there is a section "Attachments Permissions".

All the appropriate user groups are enabled here to create attachments. I have even explicitly granted my username with no difference.

In the thumbnail position under draw.io diagrams on the issue, it sometime shows the error message "undefined: MXutiils.getAll is not a function" 

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2017

Check you attachment permissions in Settings.

Option "Allow Attachments" needs to be on.

0 votes
ChloeS January 11, 2017

We're having the same issue, some users can edit and others can't, on Firefox. 

0 votes
Al January 11, 2017

I have the same problem, although no users can edit.

We've used draw.io for a while and created many diagrams which could previously be edited from the thumbnail. The thumbnails no longer show, and cannot be edited.

We have JIRA 7.1.7 and draw.io 6.0.2.1.

(Same on Chrome, Safari, etc)

Was this resolved for you?

0 votes
aj senol December 16, 2016

I can create but can't view or edit in

a) Firefox 45.6.0 and

b) IE 11 (latest)

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2016

What browser is being used by users that can't edit?

Suggest an answer