What issues have a I worked on?

Dan Horne March 4, 2012

Hi

I need to revisit all of the issues I have worked on subsequent to a given date. Although I can see how to search for issues where I am the reproter or assignee, I also need to look for the following additional criteria

• I have ever been an assignee i.e. I do not have to be the current assignee
  • I have ever been a comment author

It's not clear to me how I can use JQL to specify the last two criteria. Can anyone help?

Thanks

7 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

For the first one could you use the "WAS" operator - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-WAS, e.g. (Assignee WAS "Dan Horne" OR Reporter WAS "Dan Horne") BEFORE <DATE> ?

Andrew.

Dan Horne March 5, 2012

Thanks - I think this would work for me, but I don't seem to have the "WAS" function. Is it quite new? I'm using JIRA 4.2

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

WAS is available only from JIRA 4.4 - very good feature!

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

Sorry, I checked 5.0, 4.4 and 4.3 which all have "WAS", but it's not in 4.2. I'll have another think to see if it's possible to do something similar in 4.2

Umer Arif July 31, 2019

Andrew, but can't this possibly return back issues that weren't actually completed by the WAS assignee? For example, what if an issues was assigned to 3 different people and you are querying for the first person but in reality the task was completed by the last person it was assigned to?

Like # people like this
3 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2012

Hi Dan,

the first answer is easy:

JQL-Query: assignee was username

the second question can only be answered with the participant field of the toolkit plugin. There you will be automatically added to the participants field if you enter a comment.

Best regards

Thomas

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

May be your activity stream, (in your profile page) also helps to quickly find what all actions you have done.

0 votes
Eduardo E_ Wronowski October 10, 2020

Hello all, 

your answers helped me a lot - I did not know about WAS and this can be a life saver :-)

My 2c on Dan's original question - since I use that too - for something like today tasks or in a few days back, I usually go to my profile page and look for the Activity Stream.

I know, this is not very elaborated or beautiful as a query - but it is very useful when you need to report your activities or check who is working - even when they are not the assignee...

Thank you all for the answers that helped me a lot!

Edu Wronowski

0 votes
Prasanth Mukundan July 15, 2020
assignee was username2bechecked

..should do the job 

0 votes
Neha Pal January 27, 2020

Hi,

I tried the below SQL query and it gives data of all the issues and all the assignees that were ever assigned to an issue. Any change in the assignee for any issue is captured by below query:

select distinct
p.pkey +'-'+cast(ji.issuenum as varchar(max)) as 'Issue Key',
ji.SUMMARY,
(select first_name + ' ' +last_name from cwd_user where [user_name]=ASSIGNEE) as 'Current Assignee',
cast(ci.OLDSTRING as nvarchar(max)) as 'Old Assignee',
cast(ci.NEWSTRING as nvarchar(max)) as 'New Assignee'
from
jiraissue ji
join project p on p.id = ji.PROJECT
join changegroup cg on cg.issueid = ji.id
join changeitem ci on ci.groupid = cg.id and FIELD = 'assignee'

Anyone looking for the query would find this useful : )

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2012

Have a look at the Participants field in Toolkit plugin. Once the field is added, you can search based on it.

Dan Horne March 5, 2012

Thanks - I think that this would work, but I dont seem to have the "WAS" operation. I'm usig Jira 4.2 - is it a new feature?

Like dayvid.van.parijs likes this

Suggest an answer