Summing up the total work logged time

Hosam Aly December 27, 2013

Is it possible to create a report or dashboard to find out how much time was logged on a set of issues?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2013

Hi Hosam,

I would recommend using the 'Time Sheet' report included in JIRA. To begin, I'd run a query that selects you desired issues. You will need to save this filter by using the 'Save As' button after the query has been run.

Next, head to the project overview - https://<instance-name>.com/browse/<project-key> choose 'Reports' from the sidebar and click 'Time Sheet Report'.

When selecting the report options, make sure to use your newly created filter, if the filter covers multiple projects you would want to make sure to select 'All Projects' from the 'Projects' field.

Cheers,

Paul

Hosam Aly December 30, 2013

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Like Kaustav Majumder likes this
Pablo Reyes May 31, 2018

Hi! Any ideas on new version of Jira?

screenshot592.png

0 votes
Rhys Diab _Agile Docs_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2019

You can use Agile Docs to see how much time was logged on each issue.

It opens up right inside your project dashboard.

You get a report which looks like:

time-tracking-tree.pngHope that helps!

Markus Baumgartner December 28, 2019

so I really have to buy a plugin to get a report for an issue?????

I just can't believe this

Like # people like this
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

I can since it is an add on that Ryhs created. I'm finding this more and more here in the help section of the community. I also find it very annoying that Atlassian isn't more proactive with incorporating these types of things in their software suite. Given that it was created by software developers for software developers it created a community of people who know how to fix whatever issue they have with it by writing up new software to do what they want it to do.

Then they sold it to business people without telling them it's a pain in the butt to configure and manage.

Dilbert.png

Suggest an answer