SSO( single sign on) implemenation in JIRA

Neeta Dubey August 26, 2013

I need help in implementation of SSO in our JIRA instance using ADFS.

9 answers

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav August 18, 2016

Hi All,

Please check my article on this. It might help you as I have tried to provide a complete solution.

http://thetechrecipes.com/index.php/2016/08/11/saml-integration-with-jira-and-other-java-web-app/

Regards

Prakhar

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2016

Hi everyone,

You might want to take a look at the Integrated Windows Authentication for Apps using Crowd (IWAAC) plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.cleito.iwaac/server/overview

IWAAC provides your Windows domain users with automatic logon on any application using Atlassian Crowd as its user management system, including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Server (previously known as Stash), Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible, Jenkins and Google Apps.

You can download the plugin and test it for free at: https://www.cleito.com/products/iwaac/

0 votes
Jeevan Desarda September 2, 2014

Does Jira supports SAML 2.0 based Single Sign On? As the previous post is from last year, asking this question again.

-Jeevan

0 votes
WEBCODER LTD (EU) August 5, 2014

Hi Leslie,

I asked my team of developers to work thorugh the documentation and they managed to set everyting up correctly on 3 Linux Centos 6.5 VPS. I do not know the details of how they manage to achive it.

Kind regards,
David

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2014

TechTime Initiative Group, an Atlassian Expert in New Zealand has been providing a solution to do NTLM authentication with Confluence and Jira for over 6 years.

We have over 60 customers successfully using this solution in New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Sweeden, France, Germany, Netherlands, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Russia, Latvia, the UK and the USA both in NTLMv2 and NTLMv1 environments with and without Crowd in the backend.

The NTLM Authenticator is delivered as a jar file and instructions how to deploy it to Atlassian Jira and/or Confluence to work in conjunction with IOPlex Jespa to perform NLTM authentication in Windows environment.

The cost is one-off NZ$150 (plus fees for Jespa license payable to IOPlex). We do sell bundles that include IOPlex Jespa license.

If you need it, the trial version is available from our TurningRight website. Our NTLM Authenticators for Jira and Confluence support the latest versions of both applications.

We are currently working on moving it to Marketplace (Jan/Feb 2014) and as byproduct eventually making it support the rest of Atlassian tools (planned for 2nd quarter of 2014)

Leslie Coleman August 5, 2014

Do you know of a solution for Linux?

TechTime Initiative Group August 6, 2014

Linux being the desktop? This would boil down to 1) joining linux into a windows domain 2) browser on your linux box supporting NTLM authentication in Windows Domain environment

Or Linux being the server? Our NTLM Authenticator and the underlying libraries are pure java - so the server-side can be anything you want.

Rasha Makarous November 3, 2014

Hi Eduard, We have an Active Directory 2008R2 domain and we are using Jira as our ticketing system. We have connected to the LDAP directory so all Active directory users are seen in Jira and users log into Jira with their Active Directory accounts. What is your recommendation for enabling single sign on. Is there an option that doesnt use Crowd. Thanks in advance Omar

Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2014

TechTime EasySSO for JIRA - the reincarnation of NTLM Authenticator will help you https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.techtime.jira.plugins.easysso

0 votes
Michel KATZ November 11, 2013

Hi Neeta,

We have Jira 5.1.5 and crowd 2.4 and we are preparing Jira 6.1 and crowd 2.7 (for IE10).

I'd like as you avoid users to enter their user-password. I was looking for a SSO plugin to retrieve those info from the windows session.

Let us know which solution do you find ?

Thx

Neeta Dubey November 11, 2013

Thanks Michel,

We do not have JIRA 6.1 and no upgrade are schedule in near future so I would like to go with the other option. We do have a staging enviroment where we can do the testing.

0 votes
Carrie Lin October 1, 2013

Does JIRA 5.2.11 support RSA SSO ?

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Additional information from Vicky's.

JIRA itself do not have the SSO feature, however if you only have JIRA instance running, you can go with the 'Remember me' option to keep logged in to JIRA. Apart from that, we do have Atlassian Crowd for customers who are intersted to have the SSO feature to all of Atlassian's products.

If you are looking for SAML SSO solution, then I'm afraid it is not yet possible in Crowd or JIRA as mentioned by Shibab Hamid in CWD-1822 as it is limited to Google Apps. You might be interested on how to configure them in a similar discussion in here.

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Hi Neeta,

Please refer to the following documentation for the detailed steps - Connecting JIRA to an LDAP Directory

Cheers,

Neeta Dubey August 26, 2013

Hi Vicki,

If I follow this doc will this eliminate users from entering their credentials(username and password) while they login into JIRA

Like acra-ratings likes this

Suggest an answer