My session times out everytime I attempt a bulk update

Steve Adey April 13, 2015
I updated the session timeout to 5 days:
<session-config>
       <session-timeout>7200</session-timeout>

Now everytime I try to perform a bulk update I get the following error:

Your session timed out while performing bulk operation on issues. This means that we have lost the information that we collected thus far from the wizard. You will need to try the bulk operation again from the start.

Also, my Stash instance timeout out in under a minute.

2 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Hi Steve,

Could you please also give a try to increase the session timeout for Stash as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/How+do+I+change+the+default+session+timeout? Please notice for Stash this is in seconds.

I'm also wondering if Stash and JIRA are on the same machine. If so, you must be careful about the domain name used for both, as if the applications have the same domain and are on the same server, the cookies information may get lost - so if this is the case you should at least set a context path for each of your applications.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Normally this should not happen. Does this happen on other browsers or other machines? With and without the same JIRA account?

Suggest an answer