Jira Software Install fails with unhelpful error

Nick Misasi September 2, 2016

On my Versions and Licenses page in JIRA, under JIRA Software I have a yellow message

JIRA Software is licensed but not currently installed

When I click the install button it gets almost all the way through until the end where a red box pops up saying "An unexpected error has occured check the logs for more information" 

The only applicable thing I can see in the logs is a couple entries of this line: 

2016-09-02 20:12:54,750 ClusterMessageHandlerServiceThread:thread-1 INFO      [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed

I've tried clearing the plugin cache, but not sure what else to do.

1 answer

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

Nick,

On the node that you see the "JIRA Software is licensed but not currently installed"

that node is not one of the bellow:

• not pointing to the correct sharedhome file system 
  • cannot reach the sharedhome file system
  • dose not have read and write permissions on the sharedhome file system

Fix this and your jira will be good to go.

Nick Misasi September 6, 2016

Hi Noam,

JIRA is run as root on my machines (I know it's not recommended), and I know that the sharedhome is accessible to AT LEAST the machine. Is there any way to test if JIRA itself can actually access the shared home? 

Creating a text file in the shared home from each machine allows me to see that text file from other machines instantly. This is some indication of a working filesystem.

thanks,

Nick

Nick Misasi September 6, 2016

Also like to mention that this message isn't on one single node but present on all 3.

noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Go to   >   System . Select Troubleshooting and Support > System Info to open the System Info page.

Check out the Location of JIRA Shared Home parameter on all three nodes.

If something looks wrong there check out the cluster.properties parameter:

jira.shared.home = example\to\sharedhome

Oussama Chaouche June 23, 2023

Hello Nick Misas

did you fixed this problem ??

Suggest an answer