Jira Capture for Portal Customers ?

Oliviu Nita August 16, 2015

Hi,

There is a possibility to use JIRA capture for the Customer Portal users ?

I mean, we want to install JIRA Capture plugin over all PC's, it will be awesome if a "simple Portal user" can use JIRA Capture for screenshots.                

In the description of the plugin we can see: "That's why JIRA Capture was designed so that all stakeholders – product owners, developers, designers, quality engineers, and even users – can improve product quality by quickly raising detailed issues."

Am i missing something? users = customer Portal users or JIRA users (with agent rights for the Service Desk)?  

If it is been related to user rights, where i have to add rights for this?

Cheers,

Oli

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

Not in the way you're thinking. 

JIRA normally has a really simple user system - you are either a user, or you are not.  Most addons, including Capture, follow that - if you want to use Capture, you have to be a JIRA user. 

Service Desk adds two more types of user - Agents and Customers.  Agents are also JIRA users, but Customers are not - they can also be JIRA users, but most customers are not JIRA users.  They are people who happen to need to talk to JIRA users via the portal.  Because they are not JIRA users, they don't get Capture rights.

Suggest an answer