JIRA Chrome Capture 400 (Bad Request) Error when Logging-in

Jessica K January 28, 2015

When two of the users are trying to log into JIRA Capture with the correct Server URL and the correct Username/Password they are receiving a 400 Error. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Error Message: JIRA responded with a Bad Request error, please check the data you are trying to send.

JIRA Capture 400 Error Msg.png

3 answers

1 vote
Christian W. January 24, 2018

I did experience the same issue a couple of days ago, too.

My solution was: Changing the Jira password. My previous password had some special characters that I suspect where the problem. Namely: \ / ] My new password does not contain any of those.

All other solutions did not work. I tried using the plugin on different operating systems. On a fresh install of of Chrome with no extensions and no logged in Google user.

Hope that helps someone else out there.

Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Thanks for posting your solution, Christian!

0 votes
Jessica K January 29, 2015

Ignat,

I had one of the users un-install the extension and use a Chrome account that had no plug-in's. This allowed the user to submit issues, however, when we attempted to save his credentials it still had the 400 Bad Extension error. So they're able to submit issues but the error is still occurring.

The other user is not in today and I will see if this happened with them before I submit a support request.

Thank you,

Jessica K

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hi Jessica, I haven't seen a problem like this with JIRA Capture. Issues like this one was never reported.

Can you please try one of following:

• Re-install the JIRA Capture extension in Chrome.
  • Disable other Chrome browser plug-ins one-by-one. It will show if some other plug-in impacts how browser sends data.

If it does not help, please fill-in a support request at support.atlassian.com.

--
Cheers,
Ignat
JIRA Capture developer

Suggest an answer