I excluded some epics and stories from my plan but now I want to add them back? How do I do that?

Agiletrailblazers August 15, 2016

I excluded some epics and stories from my plan but now I want to add them back?  How do I do that?   Using Portfolio 2.0.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Marcia Carlson August 15, 2016

I've done that too.  I don't know if this is the quickest way to get those epics and stories back in, but here's how I did it.

1. Choose the option to "Configure" your portfolio plan (upper left corner of the page next to the plan name, click on the ellipsis to get to the Configure option)
  2. Choose the "Issue Sources" menu item from the left hand side panel
  3. The list of your boards or queries will appear.  Select the "Edit Sources" button
  4. Unless you want to change anything here, you can then just click the "Next" button until you get to step 3 "Confirm your scope" page. 
  5. From this page scroll, use the filters on the page, or use CTRL + F to find your issue tickets and check them. 
  6. Click the "Done" button and your issues should now be restored back into your portfolio plan.

Hope this helps!

Agiletrailblazers August 15, 2016

@Marcia Carlson Thank you so much!  This worked perfectly.  Very much appreciated.

Jeffrey Lobo August 15, 2016

I have a related question, Can one include closed stories from closed sprints in the release.

The PMs are creating a plan for a release that already has closed sprints.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

Tangentially related! No, I don't think Portfolio is designed to handle closed issues. That should be added to the Portfolio FAQ

JohnC October 4, 2016

That's ridiculous that it doesn't handle closed issues in closed sprints. Basically everything that was closed disappears. This makes it very difficult to get buy-in from mgmt to support getting this tool bc you can't demonstrate how historical information could have been forecasted. Please fix this.

Like benclohesy likes this

Suggest an answer