How to handle custom mandatory fields in create issue for issue creation through mail?

ab185178 September 5, 2011

How to handle custom mandatory fields in create issue for issue creation through mail? We are using a custom field of type Select List which is mandatory. How can we enter the value for this field while creating an issue through mail? Is there a way to enter the value provided in the email. So that each issue can have a different value for this mandatory field. I dont want to predefine the value for this field.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ab185178 September 8, 2011

Thakns Jobin for helping me out with that information it was really helpful.

I have a question, whatever we set in the file would be default for all the issues created through mail. How do I implement a custom field(Detection Phase) which is a select list type field to have different value.

If we set the value of this custom field in the mail then it would take it as the description of the issue since the body of the mail gets added to the description of te issue.

How can I set the value of this custom field depending on the different value provided in the mail?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2011

JEMH support custom fields in the email by name, select list values are provided as CSV text.

Understand that JEMH Directives provided at the start of an email body are removed as part of processing.

In the JEMH Usage Guide there are JEMH Configuration Options that allow default values for custom fields (See Default Custom Field Values).

The formats that JEMH supports are expressed through Field Processors, eg:

Body:

@key=value

key: value

Subject:

#key=value #key="some value"

0 votes
ab185178 September 6, 2011

I was going through this plugin. While installing the plugin (installation method: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JEMH/JEMH+Installation+for+Jira+4.x), I was not able to understand the step 3.

It talks about modifying two properties files but never mentions which.

Well I have a select list type custom field and I want its value to be set through email. This value can be different depending upon the value specified in th mail. I am not able to understand how this value will be read from the mail.

Jaan Raamets September 7, 2011

JEMH has a so many features, that understading the documentations was hard for me too. But you should modify the log4j.properties, to enable login, popservice.xml (or imapservice,xml) do make JIRA know of the new handler and then you must create/copy yourself a configuration file. " An example configuration file is packaged in every JAR, called 'example-emh.properties', contrast this file to your local file for changes."

So unpack the .jar, copy the property file to you JIRA /WEB-INF/classes directory (rename it too, if you wish) and make the modificatsion in this configuration file, so you can use it. The "configFile=emh.properties" in the manual is the same file.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2011

Have a look at JEMH. It supports lot of fields.

Suggest an answer